Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Indoor Exercise

Last post 02-27-2009 8:42 AM by donna england. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2009 2:40 PM

Indoor Exercise

How many here on the forum to some sort of indoor exercise? What kind of equipment do you use? or do you exercise to a video/dvd? What equipment works or doesn't work. Where do you store your stuff?
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • 02-26-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

Re: Indoor Exercise

I have done indoor excercise before, when my child was a baby.  I used one of those DVDs that helps you walk a mile or two miles right there in your living room.  Those were very nice.  I got them cheap ($10 maybe on sale, if that).
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 02-26-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

• allie
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 11-12-2008
    • Virginia
    • Posts 810

I got an Ab Lounger through Free Cycle.  It will soon be Free Cycled to someone else. lol  I was using it but then I was too lazy to drag it out one morning and did crunches on the floor.  I could feel them a lot more and couldn't do nearly as many as on the Ab Lounger so I learned that it was a waste of space. lol

I use a couple of 5 lb and a 10 lb dumbbell for strength training.  I just do simple exercises I found on Sparkpeople.  I have a stability ball but rarely ever pump it up since I can do most everything without the aggravation of trying to store it or having to pump it up every time.  I also have a resistance band but I think it's been stretched too much because I don't get much resistance when I try to use it.

I have a few Tony Little and Billy Blanks vhs tapes but I don't use them. I don't really have room for the Tai Bo in my tiny living room and got bored with Tony Little.

I don't have any other equipment but would love to have a Gazelle.  I had one several years ago until a bolt fell out and was lost. I loved using that and wish I'd kept it and tried to find a bolt to fit it.  I just gave it away.

• 02-26-2009 8:14 PM In reply to

Dear All, I have 5 lb arm drumbells & 10 lb ankle weights, + 2 lb wrist bracelets.  I hardly ever use them, though (naugty Deb!).  What I do do is daily push-ups (10 modified -- standard back & legs straight, but I can't go down more than 6", + 10 more REALLY modified -- on my knees, then I do do the full range of motion of arms at full length).  Many days, I also do 100 cycling bilateral motions (on my back).  My Darling brother says that these are core exercises that simply use body weight as resistance just as the fancy machines provide resistance.

I'm supposed to do self manual lymphatic drainage exercises daily (to avoid lymphedema; I had lymph nodes taken when I had my cancer surgery), but I only do them once every 10 days or so.  I am supposed to do balance exercises, but do those even more rarely because I need help from my aide, & it always seems as though we've run out of time.

I do do about 4x/week  extensive waist exercises.

Most importantly, I take a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes walk (& sometimes even longer) at least 4 times a week.

Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-26-2009 9:27 PM In reply to

I have a toning dvd and a pilates dvd, a yoga mat, a couple sets of handweights, and a resistance band. I have velcro strap on ankle and wrist weight for walking. Mostly I walk 4 miles 5 times a week.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 02-26-2009 9:43 PM In reply to

A stationary bike and ds#1's tv set on a local station for an hour. I still have but don't use my rowing machine and weight set (6 11/2 lbs - 4 25 lbs) which the ds's use.

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • 02-26-2009 9:58 PM In reply to

I have an abweider (sp?), Richard Simmons vhs tapes, and resistance bands. All covered in dust!!! I used the ab thing every morning just before I got pregnant (4 yrs. ago!) and just haven't done it again. I have stairs in my house that I go up and down many times a day, does that count? We had our long driveway concreted last summer so I should be out there walking on it. I'd like to get a pedometer to see if I could get to that magic number of 10,000 steps per day. ETA: I forgot about the stationary bike in the garage! I just don't have a place to keep it inside.
  • 02-26-2009 10:13 PM In reply to

Sunshinetreva -

May I ask the names of the indoor walking DVD's? I can't get out sometimes because of the ice or agoraphobia, but I love to walk.

Thanks!

Seaturtle

• 02-27-2009 8:26 AM In reply to

nanagain2000:
     A stationary bike and ds#1's tv set on a local station for an hour. I still have but don't use my rowing machine and weight set (6 11/2 lbs - 4 25 lbs) which the ds's use.
    Nanagain, Where did you get your rowing machine? What kind is it? I use a Gazelle Glider. It folds it up and leans against my TV cabinet.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • 02-27-2009 8:42 AM In reply to

I try to exercise a few times a week with an old Joanie Greggains video.I want to get out and walk more, my dh needs to exercise his knee.(he had a knee injury in early Jan.) We just have to get a routine started and keep it up.

Donna

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us