Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Chicken Recipes

Last post Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:59 PM by gayla50. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 24 2009 7:26 PM

Chicken Recipes

Anyone have any good recipes for chicken?

• Sat, Jan 24 2009 11:06 PM In reply to

Re: Chicken Recipes

Chicken Noodle Bake

Depending on how many people you are feed work this on a sliding scale. For my family of four this is how I make it. 

1 large chicken breast cooked, deboned, and chopped up, 1 16oz box of noddles, cooked and drained, 1 16oz pkg of frozen chopped spinach, 2 cups cream of soup (i use the recipe i found on here) 1 medium onion chopped, 8-10 mushrooms quartered, 1 cup of cottage/ or  ricotta cheese, enough shredded cheese to cover the top. I saute the onions and mushrooms until soft, mix in everything else except the cheese spread in a oiled 9x13 pan. Top with cheese and bake at 350F for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and the cheese has that deliouse golden brown crust on it.

If this is any indication on how much my family loves this neither of my children eat spinach or onions, one dislikes mushrooms and one dislikes chicken, but they will clean out the entire pan if I would let them.

cyn

• Sun, Jan 25 2009 10:55 PM In reply to

Oven baked "fried" chicken

1/2 cup crackers

2 pieces chicken (cleaned; can be boned or not, skinless or not - but skinless is better, I tihnk)

1 TB butter, melted

salt and pepper to taste

Crush crackers; add salt and pepper to taste.  Place half of cracker mix in pan; place chicken on mix; add other half of cracker mix on top; dribble butter over top.  You can dip the chicken in the butter and then in the cracker mix - but this is a lot easier, and works just as well.  Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cooked.

Variations:

Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to crackers

Add favorite poultry seasoning to crackers

In place of crackers use bread crumbs, stale cereal (Chex-type cereals work well, as do corn flakes - for a different crunch, try Frosted Flakes), potato chips, mashed potato flakes, etc. - any stale starch-based food will work.  Adjust proportions to taste.

HINT:  the easiest way to crush the crackers (or other dry ingredient) is to put them in a plastic bag and roll a rolling pin or canned item over the bag until the crackers are crushed - then dip the chicken in the melted butter, put in the bag and shake to coat.

• Sun, Jan 25 2009 11:28 PM In reply to

• Kim_150
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 4 2008
    • Green Bay, WI
    • Posts 525

I really like a simple chicken salad... leftover chicken, onions, celery, parsley, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper, and champagne mustard (a bunch of it because I hate mayo). I had some on crackers for lunch today!
  • Mon, Jan 26 2009 9:54 AM In reply to

For something quick and tasty we love Chicken Scallopini (or Schnitzel - practically the same thing, different countries and garnishes).

Pound a chicken breast out thin, you want it between 1/4" and 1/2" thick.  Dredge in flour, than an egg wash, then a mixture of seasoned breadcrumbs and parmesean cheese (about a 3:1 ratio of breadcrumbs to cheese).  Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and fry.  Normally takes around 2 - 3 minutes per side. Great with roasted potatoes, seasoned rice, pasta with a light sauce, etc.

• Mon, Jan 26 2009 12:48 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I am making chicken today we have baken chicken tonight , tomorrow we have pot pie or  cream chicken on biscuits .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:24 PM In reply to

bumping up

• Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:40 PM In reply to

What does "bumping up," mean? Thanks.

• Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:43 PM In reply to

It's  how to get a topic up and running again.

• Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:55 PM In reply to

Anna Marie:

What does "bumping up," mean? Thanks.

Adding a new post to a thread moves the topic back to the top of the list when sorted by date, so it is more visible to people when they log in.

Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us