Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Your Bathroom

Last post Wed, Dec 3 2008 9:10 AM by slk2042. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 9:22 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Your Bathroom

What colors or themes are in your bathroom(s)?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Nov 28 2008 11:20 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Re: Your Bathroom

white!   with a varied blue/green checked shower curtain.   kinda of has a seashell theme.    but the accessories have broken or wore out like the fish bath mat.  

Dh is finishing the oak vanity we got for free from craigslist and I have a new bathroom light fixture.   We have to fix the paint in there so I am leaning towards blue but I will see.  our fixtures are white. basic white floor tiles with a bit  light grey streaks.

our bathroom as you can tell is to be reno'd ! the vanity is old 60's and starting to fall apart.  the paint has to be fixed , split , mold etc.   so I guess we are going for a heritage look.  it is a small bathroom.

I don't match towels because we go though lots. our towels are yellow, white, blue and green colours.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 11:25 AM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

I painted mine not long ago. The bottom half is that fake narrow tongue and groove paneling and the top half is textured, with a rail between the two. I painted the bottom dark green (spinach was the color on the label, but it's lighter than that), the rail, door and other trim is white and the top is a lighter shade of that green. I don't really have a theme, but the shower curtain is an embroidered tablecloth with small flower and a few sprigs of leaves. I intend to change the few decorations with the seasons. The green will go with Christmas by adding red, Easter by adding pastels, Autumn by adding oranges and browns. I wasn't smart enough to plan it that way, but now I see it's going to work. 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 11:50 AM In reply to

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

White walls with old stenciling in red, green and blue. Gray cupboards that reflect the pink and gray tiles. Lots of chipped peeling paint areas, as we need to gut and rebuild the shower area. Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 4:22 PM In reply to

The 3/4 bath off my bedroom is the reverse of the colors in the bedroom - the bedroom is light blue with a medium blue on the trim, and the bathroom is the darker blue with lighter blue on the trim.  The vanity, toilet and over-toilet cabinet are white, and the floor is white tile with a design of darker blue tiles laid into it.  The guest bathroom is light green with slightly darker green trim.
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 4:49 PM In reply to

• Kim_150
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 5 2008
    • Green Bay, WI
    • Posts 525

Mine is pink and brown. I have a pink shower curtain, and an oddly-shaped rug that's brown with large pink polka dots. The walls are white, and the tile in the bathrub is a tannish color (I can't change those since I rent). I have a little pile of rolled-up pink and brown washcloths, and an abstract painting my sister (a former art student) did. All of my towels are shades of pink, also.
  • Fri, Nov 28 2008 5:59 PM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

My bathroom has white tub, toilet and sink. The walls are a light brown (reminds me of coffee with cream in it). My curtains are a shiny silky gold and the shower curtain shiny dk green, rust, gold and plum. I have towels that blend with the shower curtain.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Sun, Nov 30 2008 9:28 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

The children's bathroom is beige with wide white mouldings for trim. There is a green shower curtain and a gold metal basket on the back of the toilet to hold extra paper and the air freshener. Their towels are in burgundy or beige.

Our bathroom is a similar wall color with burgundy curtains and rugs. We have a wicker basket on the back of our toilet to hold items. I have a stone water fountain with candle holders on the counter.

Both rooms have bamboo shades.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Dec 1 2008 12:00 AM In reply to

There are 3 full bathrooms in this house.

Mom's former bathroom was blue tiles and white walls. That's the room where the washer and dryer are.

My tiny bathroom is solid white. It is white tiles & white walls.

The downstairs bathroom is green tiles and a light color for the walls. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the wall color.

I use white toilet paper in all 3 bathrooms. Back in the days of colored toilet paper we used blue toilet paper in Mom's bathroom, pink toilet paper in my bathroom, and either yellow or green toilet paper in the downstairs bathroom.

The bathrooms are kinda formal. This house is formal (loaded with antiques and has floor length draperies downstairs).

Do I like it?  Yes and no. Everything is 100% paid for in this house.

• Tue, Dec 2 2008 7:31 PM In reply to

My itty bitty bathroom is white.  I looks like every apt. bath in America.  its awful, but I try to keep it clean and warm it up with a throw rug.  I tried to make it look bigger with more mirror on the wall.

The worst part is you can hear the neighbors and they can hear me!  ;-(

Umm.... I am grateful, I am grateful, i am grateful!!!  Stick out tongue

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us