Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

What sides to serve with hot dogs?

Last post Sun, Oct 12 2008 8:58 PM by Juneflower. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:11 PM

• Patti
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 10 2007
    • Posts 232

What sides to serve with hot dogs?

We are grilling hot dogs tonight and I don't have any french fries or potatoes and don't want to go to store.  What are some other sides you fix to go along with hot dogs?

For frugal recipes and food tips, visit the Food & Groceries section of The Dollar Stretcher.
    Patti

Loving life in Mississippi

"Do what you like- like what you do!"
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: What sides to serve with hot dogs?

What about Velveeta Shells N Cheese or homemade cheese spaghetti?

Also, if you have a can of pork-n-beans, I think that would go well.

Have a blessed day!

Julie

• Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:46 PM In reply to

mac sald   chips   corn on the cob  veggies umm let me think  grilled veggies are good cooked on foil wrap  we like just dogs too 

Did you know 1 in 100 kids are diagnosed with autism
    most of those are boys
    PROUD MOM OF A SON WITH AUTISM

-One of the largest problems with having an Aspergers child is people don't always see a child with a disability, they think the child is just acting out or undisciplined, when in reality, they are merely striving to blend in.
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:54 PM In reply to

Bad Mommy here...french fries and ketchup...what tomatoes are a vegetable aren't they?

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:58 PM In reply to

Corn.  Baby carrots with dressing.  Grilled veggie kabobs.  Mac & cheese.  Pasta salad with veggies.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 12:59 PM In reply to

Mac & cheese, baked beans, cheesy rice, corn, cheesy vegetables (if I put cheese on it, my kids and DH eat it up!).

Erika
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 1:40 PM In reply to

Fresh veggie relish tray    Greens Salad   Pasta salad with veggies, olives, any dressing    Chips (any kind) with dip (also any kind)      dish of stewed tomatoes or fresh sliced tomatoes     Fruit, fruit salad or bake a pie/crisp/cobbler for dessert?    I always keep a can or two of the German potato salad on hand.  Corn on the cob if you have it (fresh or frozen)      Devilled eggs?     Three bean salad

My Mary Englebreit calendar today says "Life is what you make it", so there's not really a wrong choice. 

The world is your oyster, so pluck the pearl!  Big Smile

Lynnea the Dogmom
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 3:05 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

usually some fries and a veggie tray 

or chips and  veggie trays .. 

hot dogs are not served here often so it  it a treat to the kids ..

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 4:51 PM In reply to

• Patti
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 10 2007
    • Posts 232

Lynnea Berr:
    My Mary Englebreit calendar today says "Life is what you make it", so there's not really a wrong choice

I like this!!  I had a Mary Englebreit calendar one year and couldn't even through it away when the year was over because I loved the pictures so much.

Great ideas for hot dog sides from all of you!  I've been gone all day and I knew when I got home I could check to see what good ideas all my friends left for me. Thanks!!

Patti

Loving life in Mississippi

"Do what you like- like what you do!"
  • Fri, Oct 10 2008 8:34 PM In reply to

mac and cheese, any kind of soup.

For frugal recipes and food tips, visit the Food & Groceries section of The Dollar Stretcher.
    Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us