First of all, I live in the humid south Louisiana... So, it's just umbearable at times.
- we try to turn the AC up as high as we can tolerate it but sometimes that isn't enough. During the really hot days, the AC has trouble keeping up. Also, since we have a toddler, we can't have it too hot
- when home, we usually wear thin tshirts and pajama type shorts. Also, I've recently started letting Maya (my 16 month old daughter) run around in just a diaper
- drink more fluids and eat a lot more salad
- we don't run the dryer (not only for electricity savings, but in a mobile home like ours it just heats the place up)
- Our kitchen gets really hot when we cook in the summer. So, I cook more in the crockpot during the summer. And, as another semi-solution to that problem, my husband got me a small charcoal grill for Mother's Day, which I plan to use for cooking outside instead of inside.
- cheap shades on our windows (the cheapest ones from Walmart). It's unbelievable how much light and heat they keep out! So, we usually keep those down and it helps a lot