Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Financial Abundance in 2014

Last post Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:40 PM by tracyinmn. 128 replies.
Page 13 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 20 2014 11:28 PM In reply to

Re: Financial Abundance in 2014

I have been doing really well with my food budget the last few months, partly because oldest dd has been buying a lot more food, but partly using pantry items.  For May, I have spent $362, which I think is really good for 8 people, and some items for work lunches, and the girls have wanted to bring a lot more cold lunches, although they do get free lunch at school.  So now for May, my regular bills haven't been as hard to make. Now I wish the price of gas would come done, they say it should be much cheaper than it is at the pump. My utilities are cheaper in the summer, and I hang clothes outside to dry some of the time.  As long as my income stays the same, the summer should be fine budget wise. Embracing abundance.

• Sun, May 25 2014 2:33 PM In reply to

I am now up to $520 for food. Spent some!  Bought a lot of produce and salad stuff.  

I got a tax return and put a chunk towards a credit card and a chunk in savings.  I will have to pay some for my house for repairs, and will need a new battery for the car. Then two in college this fall. 

• Sun, May 25 2014 8:50 PM In reply to

Tracymn: Can relate having 2 kids in college at the same time. Man! Those were tough years but we made it! We financed them both and told them that was their inheritance! :) They are doing well. Those education dollars are well worth it in the long run! Good luck!
  • Sun, May 25 2014 9:20 PM In reply to

Kassy, I still have 4 at home, two in daycare! My oldest lives here, too, but helps with some expenses.  My oldest is also applying for grad school, I think she has planned well, she has paid down a lot of her undergrad debt and built up some savings for it.  However, it is a longer program.  My baby will be in second grade this next year. So I will have a freshman and sophmore at college, a sophmore in high school, a 7th grader, and a 4th and 2nd grader, and my 26 yo who is living here for now.  It is getting easier as the kids can do homework and some things at home, and my two who wanted to be in everything under the sun are now going to be in college.  I am the only parent helping with college costs. I am trying to juggle three part time jobs, getting the kids to and from school and activities, three of the kids work, all with one car and one bathroom! I know Shawn says to have an attitude of abundance, but it is hard to stretch the money and the time.  We are blessed with good health, and the kids are creative and I really enjoy them and love them dearly.  That is my abundance right now, sometimes I don't feel financially abundant.

• Sun, May 25 2014 11:41 PM In reply to

Tracyinmn: My goodness! I admire you so for raising all these kids alone. Sounds like they are turning out just fine. Good job! Whenever I see this topic Financial Abundance it startles me at first. It seems like a contradiction of terms!
  • Mon, May 26 2014 1:46 PM In reply to

Tracy- I am ALWAYS amazed at what you can do for your kids!

retired 

• Thu, Jun 12 2014 4:03 PM In reply to

tracyinmn:
    I know Shawn says to have an attitude of abundance, but it is hard to stretch the money and the time.  We are blessed with good health, and the kids are creative and I really enjoy them and love them dearly.  That is my abundance right now, sometimes I don't feel financially abundant.

Hi Tracy,

What you arefeeling is OK and is part of the process. You have focused on what you are blessed with and the universe is hearing you. Not everyday is going to be a bed of roses and I for one can tell you that some days are much better than others. Focus on what is going right in your life. That's the key for things to get better. We are here to listen and never beat up on yourself for not feeling a certain way. It is all a process of growth and renewal.

Look at all that you have accomplished as as single parent and what our kids are doing and that is reason enough to smile and know that things are going very well in your life. If you can, check out the YouTube video of Les Brown "Getting Unstuck." He has some great and powerful messages in that talk.

Sending you love and blessings from Madrid,

Shawn

You control your money. Don't let your money control you!
  • Fri, Jul 11 2014 3:20 PM In reply to

Hello everybody!

Hope all is well. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Not going home this summer to save money because plane tickets are expensive in August when trying to leave from Europe.I do have some classes that I am teaching to save money and make enough to live on in the summer.

Still saving and getting prepared for work in September. Will be hanging around Madrid and enjoying life.

How is everyone else doing? Any progress made thus far?

Cheers,

Shawn

You control your money. Don't let your money control you!
  • Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:40 PM In reply to

Shawn,

Please come over to the new forum!  This has been started!  Just go to dollar stretcher and sign into the new ones.  I am glad you are enjoying your summer.  

tracy

Page 13 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us