Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Christmas 2014

Last post Mon, Jun 2 2014 3:03 PM by timzagain. 36 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:25 PM In reply to

Re: Christmas 2014

zohnerfarms:
    Under Hobbies & Crafts there is a picture & pattern posted for those napkins: Pine Tree or Christmas Tree Cloth Napkins Pattern Pdf to download
    Think I'll take this idea to prayer shawl group as a suggestion for our crafts bazaar. AM
  • Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:44 PM In reply to

I put in an order at Bath and Bodyworks, with buy three items get two free and 20% off and a sale on shower gel, I got 11 items for $60, including some of the good thick scented lotion for winter skin and some cologne sprays for the younger teen girls.  I will put 2 or 3 in Easter baskets and have several left over for Christmas.  With 6 sisters, 6 dd's, and ds's gf, I have a lot of ladies to buy for.  These are a good substantial type gift to put in a stocking with candy!  Last year I gave ds's gf a dollar coffee to go mug with a sunflower body gel.  I bought oldest dd's favorite scent in shower gel for Easter and lotion for Christmas. I bought my 14 yo and my 12 yo light scents that they will like. 

• Tue, May 20 2014 4:48 AM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 4 2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,426

So far there I don't have a lot save for Christmas or much bought. What I have bought so far: Daughter an small angel. Son I have dvd Hobbit series and another dvd that comes after the Hobbit series. Mother in law an Angel pin. Father in law I have a nice coffee cup. Also a friends daughter I have a shower jel and lotion bought(hers is done). It is a start. Need to finish my in laws, friends son, brother in law, my 2 brothers, My mother, and both kids. Looking forward to bath and body and Yankee candle sales next month to get some bought. Good chance that my daughters will be almost done.
  • Tue, May 20 2014 8:46 AM In reply to

I took a look into the gift stash yesterday. I forgot that I scored 3 free gifts...brand new books left over from a fundraiser at school. That's about it for the Christmas gifts for 2014. Mall-wide sale at a nearby small shopping centre coming up this weekend...usually great deals, so I'm hoping to pick up a few more things for the gift stash. I've decided to increase the number of consumable gifts this year with things like concert tickets, high end foods etc. I've moved house recently and realized that my household had accumulated a sinfully excessive volume of STUFF! Nowhere to put it all, so I'll be donating and selling as much of the excess as I can. Now I'm determined not to give or receive more STUFF, if I can help it!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Tue, May 20 2014 8:46 AM In reply to

I took a look into the gift stash yesterday. I forgot that I scored 3 free gifts...brand new books left over from a fundraiser at school. That's about it for the Christmas gifts for 2014. Mall-wide sale at a nearby small shopping centre coming up this weekend...usually great deals, so I'm hoping to pick up a few more things for the gift stash. I've decided to increase the number of consumable gifts this year with things like concert tickets, high end foods etc. I've moved house recently and realized that my household had accumulated a sinfully excessive volume of STUFF! Nowhere to put it all, so I'll be donating and selling as much of the excess as I can. Now I'm determined not to give or receive more STUFF, if I can help it!

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Mon, May 26 2014 5:26 PM In reply to

I already have gift sets from Christmas , Valentine day and ST particks day put up stopped at a local school and went to the library found a set of booksf or the one for the boys and several babys  got Katie a book she off line with a gift card i had from my birthdy last year got my boys and the guys in the family all bundles of white t-shirts for winter ..brought sets of themals for eveyone recently when dollar general sold them for $2.00  a set  got a perfect set of new boots for  oldest dd plain black about 1 inch heel at a local thift store for $3.00 she will love them got all the girl and Aunt dsils and nieces BIBLE covers wiht their names on  got pen and pencils at Walmart discounted after Chirstmas for $1.00 the are stocking stuffers for the adults .. for DH , and several other their are severals  i will contine to collect more stuff as the year goes on .  

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Mon, Jun 2 2014 3:03 PM In reply to

I've ordered a few personalized key rings from a colleague who's making some for sale for Father's Day. Unique and not terribly expensive. Last year I started setting aside a little cash from my weekly pay from about August, which I then used to buy stocking stuffers or other gifts on sale. I'm going to start that process a little earlier this year.

Page 4 of 4 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us