Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Dollar Store Gifts

Last post Mon, Dec 16 2013 5:19 PM by babsagain. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:28 PM

Dollar Store Gifts

Over the years I have used dollar items to make small gifts or gift baskets. What are your best $1 ideas?
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Dec 13 2013 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: Dollar Store Gifts

I always buy Christmas socks at the dollar store. If I can find them half price after Christmas, it is an even better deal. Babs

• Sat, Dec 14 2013 3:57 AM In reply to

Today I was at The Dollar Tree and saw some elegant lightly colored (blue, green) martini glasses. I thought how cute it would be to fill the with ornamental rocks and a little glass candle. Two matching ones on a dining table would look really nice as a "duo" centerpiece. As for gift baskets, I like to pick a theme and collect things that catch my eye and fit in the theme to put together for a basket. My favorite are kitchen gadgets/kitchen stuff. I also really like making dollar store care kits for those in need.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 3:30 PM In reply to

I don't do gift baskets, but I buy wine glasses from the dollar store and paint designs on them. I've had the paints for 3 years now, left over from a wedding favor project! Now that I've got the hang of it, I can knock off a set of glasses in no time at all. I keep a set of glasses in the house in case of last minute gift emergency

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 4:08 PM In reply to

Timz, you know I always love your creative ideas. They have some nice drinkware there, shocks me it's only a dollar. What kinds of designs do you like to paint on your wine glasses?
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 5:07 PM In reply to

Timz, that sounds lovely!  What a great gift.

I have a tradition of putting socks in DH's Christmas stocking, and I can always pick up a couple of pairs or dress or sport socks at the $ store.  (Interesting that this year he asked for dark brown socks ... I can oblige, LOL)

Otherwise, candy, small-size  personal care items, fancy food items (I saw crab soup the other day) .... candles, you name it, LOL! 
    www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Sat, Dec 14 2013 8:57 PM In reply to

BargainBistro:
    Timz, you know I always love your creative ideas. They have some nice drinkware there, shocks me it's only a dollar. What kinds of designs do you like to paint on your wine glasses?
    Most of the time, I have painted flowers, usually poinsettia. For my sister, I replicated the design from her Christmas china. However, I've occasionally painted other deisns, depending on the taste Or interest of the recipient

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Mon, Dec 16 2013 5:19 PM In reply to

Saturday, I found ceramic candle toppers , like Yankee Candle sells for around $20. They had three different designs. I got one with cardnials.  I am going back to get one for each of the DD and DIL, I tried it on my large Yankee Candle and it works very nice, This was at Yankee Dollar Store. Babs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us