Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Gifts in a Jar

Last post Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:24 AM by haverwench. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 4:44 PM

Gifts in a Jar

Christmas is around the corner so we better hurry with the last gifts. I know many of us love to do food baskets and gifts in a jar. For those new to frugality and making things themselves, let's share our favorite gift in a jar ideas.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Dec 4 2013 9:57 PM In reply to

Re: Gifts in a Jar

You know these have to be my favorite gifts to make ever. I get great joy and thrill in simple layered soup gifts in a jar - dry split peas, beans and legumes + herbs/spices to season. You can add some more color with dehydrated veggies too. Eventually I would like to branch out to homemade aromatherapy bath salts in a jar and herbal tea blends. I would also like to try making some healthy rolled oats/dried fruit and things like warm spices, nuts or seeds, etc. to doctor them up for gifts in a jar. What a delight to have a homemade and specially mixed breakfast in a jar gift to warm up winter mornings!!! Honestly though I am a sucker for a simple split pea soup in a jar mix that can be dumped in a crock pot or on the stove to slow simmer. I really find a nice split pea soup to be healthy, delicious and comforting so it's one gift in a jar I love to give and hopefully share the happiness with whoever gets it.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, Dec 8 2013 5:23 PM In reply to

• nanajoy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 13 2010
    • Posts 2

I've never made any gifts in a jar, but I love to receive them. Perhaps this year, I'll try some for soup or cookies. I have made food gifts that I either put in bags or boxes and they are always appreciated by busy people who don't have time to make homemade goodies for their families or older people who don't want to make a full recipe of something.

• Sun, Dec 8 2013 11:58 PM In reply to

• Mitsrn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 9 2013
    • Posts 1

Here is a great start to all kinds of gifts in a mason jar. http://christmas.organizedhome.com/crafts/gifts-in-a-jar/recipe-index There are so many on the web. I love giving and getting them! Mitsrn
    MitsRN
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:24 AM In reply to

Has anyone here ever done a gluten-free gift in a jar? Seems like more and more of the people I know are now following gluten-free diets.
    My Ecofrugal Living blog: ecofrugality.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us