Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Jeff Yeager's Book - The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches

Last post 02-07-2012 8:05 AM by Cinnamonhuskies. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2008 8:47 PM

Jeff Yeager's Book - The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches

Anyone out there read Jeff Yeager's book "The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches"?

I just finished it and loved it.  So many times I look for ways to save on something and completely forget to ask myself if I really do need it.  That old want vs need.

I would love to dialog on this with a group of people.

Great, great examples of how to save money....not just how to figure out your latte factor........I knew what mine was and have tackled that...this took me beyond that step.

Anyone else read it???

• 03-04-2008 6:04 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: Jeff Yeager's Book - The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches

As I posted in the other thread, I am currently reading it. Moving to a new home leaves me too little time to finish it. I am indeed enjoying it. He puts frugality in a plain and humourous light.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 03-22-2008 6:42 PM In reply to

• happygerl
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-23-2008
    • Northern Ky right across the river from Cincinnati
    • Posts 83

I just bought the book today, I saw it at Barnes and Noble today and remembered this post.  I haven't started reading it yet, hope I enjoy it as much as you do. Brenda

• 03-22-2008 10:39 PM In reply to

I got it out from the library and am in the middle of reading it. very funny and educating.

My Family's Interests
  • 04-07-2008 8:09 PM In reply to

This weekend I bought The Ultimate Cheapskate - sooo funny... I saw his interview with Matt Lawery sp???.. I agree funny and educating .. kalla

• 04-07-2008 10:23 PM In reply to

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-10-2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

I'm about half way thru the book. I think the chapter on house buying should be read by everyone thinking of buying too large of a house. Maybe is the buyer could see another view of home ownership, they might think twice about buying a McMansion. Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • 04-07-2008 11:58 PM In reply to

I just returned it to the library last week or so.  He is a good writer!  good info and funny.  I feel the same about mcmansions. Not that I wouldn't mind a bigger house not a mcmansion though.

My Family's Interests
  • 04-09-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-04-2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,928

Has got to be one of the BEST books on being cheap.  YAY for Jeff Yeager, cheap and funny all in one guy!!!    Big Smile

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• 04-16-2008 5:56 PM In reply to

Hi -

Thanks for the kind words about my book, and I'm sorry that I haven't been more active in the DS Forums lately; I've been bicycling various places around the country doing my Book-Tours-By-Bicycle (AKA "The Tour de Cheapskate"). The high point was meeting Gary Foreman in Florida ---- I sent him a photo afterwards:  Gary "The Dollar Stretcher" Foreman meets Jeff "The Ultimate Cheapskate" Yeager --- a really "Meeting of the Minds" (or is the "Meeting of the Misers"?).  Thanks again.

Stay Cheap!
    Jeff Yeager, The Ultimate Cheapskate
    www.UltimateCheapskate.com
  • 04-16-2008 5:58 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I think that would be a meeting of the misers, Jeff. I think we all understand that you are very busy right now, may your efforts be a great success for you!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us