Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Picnic Foods

Last post 06-23-2013 9:08 PM by Stranger From The Sea. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2013 3:21 PM

Picnic Foods

I always think of spring and summer as great times for grilling and having picnics

Have you enjoyed a picnic lately? What food do you bring?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • 06-22-2013 4:53 PM In reply to

Re: Picnic Foods

Fresh seasonal fruit, always.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • 06-22-2013 7:26 PM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-04-2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,425

We take sandwiches and chips. We rotate sandwich meat.
  • 06-23-2013 7:45 AM In reply to

Once I made this Medieranian (sp.) garbanzo bean salad and we had it in pita bread which was easy to handle.
  • 06-23-2013 8:07 AM In reply to

Our ultimate favorite picnics are fine finger foods, although my Mom's top winner is cashew chicken salad on crossaint, fresh fruit, maybe some olives and cheese... This really makes her happy. I get requests from time to time for this even backyard picnics.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • 06-23-2013 3:41 PM In reply to

we picnic with sandwhiches or fried chicken ,  we love a good potato salad  some friesh corn and either biscuits or a bread .

we use alot of jars and closed boxes ,  we even used pizza for a picnic  a nap outside with a cool window blowing is hard

to be we love diviled eggs too

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• 06-23-2013 4:54 PM In reply to

For summer meals, anything easy to serve and to eat, not too heavy, and satisfying as well as refreshing. Pan bagnat followed by fresh fruit served with lemonade sounds good. AM
  • 06-23-2013 9:08 PM In reply to

When we are out and about hiking or riding bikes, we like to take food with us for a picnic or cookout. We take a camp-style stove with us.
    Today, after our hike we had toasted pulled bbq chicken sandwiches, sautéed veggies & corn. Strawberry muffins for dessert.
    Another cookout meal we enjoy is sausages in buns. I cook the chicken sausages before we go, slice them (not all the way through) and stuff a thin slice of cheese in. Then put the whole thing inside a hot dog bun. I then double wrap each one in foil and put in the cooler. When we are ready to cook, we put on the grill for about 15 mins until heated through and cheese is melted.
    We serve this with sautéed red & green peppers and either pasta or potato salad.

If there is nowhere to cook or we don't have the stove with us, we will take cheese and cucumber or cheese and tomato sandwiches, hard-cooked eggs/cheese cubes, oranges or grapes and granola bars or quick bread.

Hannah

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us