My favorite dollar store is the Dollar Tree. We have one on the Va side of town and another on the Tn side of town (we live on the border of TN/VA. My10 favorite things to get are as follows:
1. 2 for $1.00 greeting cards
2. Party favors for theme parties or kids parties
3. Gift bags (very pretty and a lot cheaper than any other store)
4. Cheap plastic bowls for popcorn, cleaning, mixing and even taking to parties (I can leave it without feeling guilty if I don't get it back!)
5. Baking pans for banana nut bread, tamale pie, and other items I make for others.
6. Craft and scrapbooking supplies.
7. Stemware (I do real estate and when I have a closing, I will gift a bottle of tasty, but very inexpensive champagne and include a pair of pretty wine glasses in a pretty bag, with a card saying CONGRATS and THANK YOU). Its always a hit!
8. Large glow stick necklaces and bracelets for kid parties or when we have bonfires (makes it easy to see where the kids are at all times too!)
9. Laundry bags (I use these for the foster kids when packing up their clothes to go home, or for storing their seasonal gear. Buying suitcases that never made their way back got too expensive!).
10. Their cleaner called AWESOME, it cleans ANYTHING!
I have other stuff I like to get, but those are the main ones!