Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Be My Frugal Valentine

Last post Sun, Feb 10 2008 8:30 AM by Marlene Alexander. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 9 2008 8:25 PM

Be My Frugal Valentine

Valentine's Day can be difficult for us ladies. We want something nice from hubby to show he's thinking about us but he is often of the mindset that, if he can't buy a dozen roses, he can't do anything. I think this is one ocassion when it really is the thought that counts. Even a dollar store vase with a small bouquet of spring flowers would do the trick for me. Or how about a chocolate rose left of the pillow?

Any thoughts?

Marlene
    Dollar Store Style
    Home Decor From The Dollar Store!

• Sat, Feb 9 2008 8:59 PM In reply to

Re: Be My Frugal Valentine

I get upset if my dh bought roses on or around valentines day because of the price!  many years ago I worked in flower stores.  So he gets me different flowers.  I like many different types so he can't so wrong.  Our anniversary is on the 19th. frankly at this stage romance is clean my minvan!  needs a good clean. asked for it for xmas.   He is working on selling his old car for money for putting new tires on my van. His idea for a present. I don't mind.

Actually dh likes those cheap marshmallow hearts so if I can't find the reg white inside ones, I make my own chocolate covered marshmallows by melting choc chips and mixing marshmallows in and dropping them on cookie sheets to harden.  He loves them so he is happy with them.  And since they come out as snowmen, pumpkins, hearts,eggs over the different holidays, it keeps him happy cheaply.

My Family's Interests
  • Sun, Feb 10 2008 8:30 AM In reply to

Re: Be My Frugal Valentine

Yes, roses are expensive. I keep telling my hubby to just buy me a mixed bouquet from the grocery store. I think having something done for you (like a van cleaning) is a great idea, especially for us old married couples. Nothing says "love" like having someone do a mundane task for you.

Marlene
    Dollar Store Style
    Home Decor From The Dollar Store!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us