Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

My $1.00 Dollar Tree 'toilet bowl' brush.

Last post Sun, Mar 24 2013 10:08 PM by Tinamarie. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:36 PM

My $1.00 Dollar Tree 'toilet bowl' brush.

Okay, I've had it with bowl brushes with metal wires that scratch the enamel, or those with funny angles that never really get under the rim or into the deep end of the bowl. So, this is what I found at Dollar Tree:

Looks like a kitchen brush, doesn't it? Well, that's because it is!

Look at the (upside down, sorry) name on the handle:

Why pick this one, instead of a traditional toilet brush? Because the handle is sturdy; no skinny weak spot half - way down; the brush portion goes all around the tip, allowing for maximum contact with the toilet bowl. The bristles are nice and stiff for good scrubbing power. For $1.00, you can't beat it!

The only caveat, and that's because it  was actually designed for the kitchen, you might want to wear gloves for the odd splash-over drops when you're scouring. Otherwise, I really like it.

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:22 PM In reply to

Re: My $1.00 Dollar Tree 'toilet bowl' brush.

Thanks for the great idea BW. I will have to get one. I have a couple of their Betty Crocker red line kitchen things and really enjoy them too.

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:48 PM In reply to

Budgetwise, that's brilliant!Big Smile
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:26 AM In reply to

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

Mine isn't Betty, but I have used these Dollar Store plastic brushes for years. Also use one to scrub out cat pans, another as a floor scrubbing brush for hard-to-reach places.

• Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:51 AM In reply to

This one is worthy of promotion. Thanks for sharing your tip here.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:53 PM In reply to

Sometimes I feel silly sharing the dumb little things I find. Embarrassed
    budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:41 AM In reply to

Don't think the things you share are silly. New people check in here every day. The little details help them and sometimes experienced frugalites need new ideas too. Every tip and post helps to make our community a place for information and conversation.
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:18 PM In reply to

• gayla
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 5 2013
    • Posts 123

brilliant

I am like AnotherBrandy no question is stupid

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods
  • Sun, Mar 24 2013 10:08 PM In reply to

SRe: My $1.00 Dollar Tree 'toilet bowl' brush.

Thanku for posting this!! I need another toilet brush and when I checked at Wally World they only had the brush with holder for $6.99!! I will be picking one up tom
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us