Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Cost of K-cups Vs Regular Coffee Maker

Last post Tue, Mar 11 2014 1:11 AM by Gayla57. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (28 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:41 AM

Cost of K-cups Vs Regular Coffee Maker

The savings match is on!

If you own a Keurig or similar coffee maker, how much are you spending on coffee per week? What were you spending before with your conventional coffee maker?

Are you spending more or less since you began using the Keurig or other type?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Cost of K-cups Vs Regular Coffee Maker

This is some thing I will be watching. I have been thinking of getting one of these pots. My coffee pot is starting.to bad. It is over 10 years old.  I would like to know  if you have one and if you like it. Any info will be welcome. Thank you

Jakiepoo
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:57 AM In reply to

Jakiepoo:
    I would like to know  if you have one and if you like it.

My parents have one. I have been using it while staying with them since my husband is out of town for work. I actually like it but I can't make the price comparisons since the cost is shared and I can't track it.

I do know that when it was my husband and I drinking coffee, we'd make a pot and usually empty it. Now I am down to one cup of coffee because instead of just pour what's there, I have to prepare a cup. It has helped to motivate me to stick to one and for health reasons; that is worth something to me.

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:13 PM In reply to

There is a new item out that makes a K-cup out of your own coffee. And it's reusable.  Not sure where I saw it since I am not a coffee drinker.  I can't remember if it was TV commercial or Lilllian Vernon/ABC catalogue.

retired 

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:17 PM In reply to

DH is the only coffee drinker in the house. He is drinking a lot less coffee. I see this as a healthy investment for him. I do use it for hot chocolate or just to grab a cup of hot water for tea.  I would adive is oyu are buying one, get the two year extended warrenty. It was $15 and that gives you a three year warrenty. We had two K cup makers that died at just past a year. I am now being more deligent to unplug it at night and if DH is out of town. The heater burned out in ours. Im not sure about cost as we have recieved a lot of K cups free or cheap. Green Mountain coffee is in Vermont. They have a discount store and the food banks get a lot of K cups. We get them at church for the food pantry. Babs
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:18 PM In reply to

retired:
    There is a new item out that makes a K-cup out of your own coffee.

Mom has a reuseable filter that works for regular coffee. I have seen reviews where others are not happy with that but we are.

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:28 PM In reply to

I tried two  before returning my coffee maker beause it broke. The first one leaked but the second one worked great.

and

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:57 PM In reply to

The first picture is what my parents have. Works great and no leaks.

• Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:34 PM In reply to

I have the second one, but will say I LOVE my Keurig and almost always use a disposable K-cup. Myself and three of the kids drink it just about daily, and one uses it for hot water for tea, one for hot water for cocoa mix. I am spending more money, but seeing as how I am getting so much happiness out of it, it is worth it! I have found it is cheapest to wait for a good coupon and use my membership and order a bunch online. Then I can also get our favorites, mine is Lake and Lodge. Is it an indulgence? Yes, of course it is. Is it worth it? To me and to some who are cutting down on coffee, like bab's dh and brandy, one great cup of coffee a day seems like an excellent expenditure. I also use my cup twice, once for a wake up cup, the second for a weak cup with creamer to drink while driving, it is mainly just warm flavored water, but with creamer it is a pleasant drink.
  • Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:53 PM In reply to

tracyinmn:
    I also use my cup twice, once for a wake up cup, the second for a weak cup with creamer to drink while driving

I have gone for the second cup reusing the cup or the grinds in a reuseable filter. It is more watered down than the first but not bad at all. For me; being less potent still makes it better for me than a fully strong cup, I think.

Page 1 of 3 (28 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us