Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

When Don't You Use a Coupon?

Last post Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:50 PM by LindaC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:20 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

When Don't You Use a Coupon?

For those who stretch the dollar hard, coupons can be a great savings but not always. Sometimes shopping around at discount stores, buying store brands or making an item from scratch beats the deal to be found with a coupon.

When do you find it cheaper not to get an item that comes with a coupon?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:43 PM In reply to

Re: When Don't You Use a Coupon?

When I don't need or want it, when an alternative which suits me is cheaper, when I forget. AM
  • Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:50 PM In reply to

• LindaC
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 30 2009
    • Posts 570

Re: When Don't You Use a Coupon?

I agree, when I don't need the item especially since the money is very tight right now. We shop store brands, at Aldis and seniors day at Kroger. That helps a lot! Walmart isn't necessarily the cheapest and they are always out-of-stock of several items we buy regularly. We end up buying elsewhere or wait 'til they restock. We don't use much coupons anymore, unless Kroger sends us a bunch or its for items we buy anyway.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us