Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

New Year's Celebrations

Last post 12-22-2012 3:26 AM by wanting. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2012 12:15 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

New Year's Celebrations

Do you have parties for this holiday?

I have enjoyed having friends over and it was never a really expensive bash. We avoided the alcohol rages and just had family kind of fun with a homecooked meal or a party lay out of pizza, nachos, garlic bread, veggie platter and other chips with wine later when the new year came.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 12-20-2012 12:27 PM In reply to

Re: New Year's Celebrations

We usually don't do New Years we normally do a huge Christmas and are so frazzled by New Years we rest and do as little as we can.
  • 12-20-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

A nice relaxing drive to the beach during the day... no plans for parties or late night happenings. I have a different sleep scheule than most and need my rest throughout periods of the night since I'm up at various all odd hours. No big holiday meal plans either. I'm sitting here realizing how expensive everything can get if we let it... a little spent here on this and then a little more on that, it all adds up... this new year I need to practice a lot more frugal ways of living.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 12-20-2012 2:50 PM In reply to

We usually just have a bunch of appetizers, dip and chips and desserts that everyone snacks on.. Sometimes we will get together and play poker with my family. Everyone spends the night so we don't have to worry about accidents or anyone getting a DUI. This year we are just staying home and probably watching movies. I am not sure what my kids have planned. They will probably be going to New Years parties with their friends.
    Riley
  • 12-20-2012 6:42 PM In reply to

Nothing special here; we are nightowls all the time so watch the ball drop and have a meal which includes black-eyed peas and leafy greens because we have to eat and following a bit of tradition is fun. AM
  • 12-20-2012 7:33 PM In reply to

We don't really do anything special, just have a nice meal on New Year's Eve and then maybe play some Monopoly or something, and watch the ball drop and toast the new year in with a very small glass of Bailey's. My mother will be here this year, but she usually doesn't stay up that late. We're not really party animals, obviously. LOL!
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • 12-20-2012 8:00 PM In reply to

Loveday:
    We don't really do anything special, just have a nice meal on New Year's Eve and then maybe play some Monopoly or something, and watch the ball drop and toast the new year in with a very small glass of Bailey's. My mother will be here this year, but she usually doesn't stay up that late. We're not really party animals, obviously. LOL!

Same here live day me I take a doze off until the next year is here.

Cindy ---
  • 12-20-2012 9:45 PM In reply to

When I lived by myself and went to church, I sometimes would go to midnight service and really enjoyed the few times I'd gone. But, when I moved back with my mom & sister, we never go out or doing anything much special for New Years' except watch the ball drop and usually eat some noodles (sometimes with tempura). I never got into the blackeyed peas meal, but did eat it a few times with some of the church ladies back then.
  • 12-22-2012 3:26 AM In reply to

• wanting
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2012
    • Hong kong,China
    • Posts 511

Yes, i have. There will be a party in my family. All the members in my family will get together to have dinner. Then , I will have a party with my friends. when I thinking about those parties, I feel exciting.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us