Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Are there Real Work at Home Opportunities??

Last post 04-02-2012 9:27 PM by greeder. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (25 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2008 9:00 AM

• Kato
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2008
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Are there Real Work at Home Opportunities??

Hello! I am new here, and I am looking for a REAL work at home opportunity. I just gave a two month notice..(fair enough!). I think it is real important that I spend as much time with my teens before they are grown up and gone from the house! I don't want to see my hubby soak up ALL the responsibility. He says he can work overtime, but he's not getting any younger! I would like to know if any of you know of an opportunity that I could earn even 100.00 a week to help.  I DO appreciate any advice you have...Thank you for your time~
    KKSmile

Kato~
  • 01-14-2008 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Are there Real Work at Home Opportunities??

Dear Kato, It used to be that transcribing professional tapes was a good at-home job.  (But now both physicians & lawyers use Dragon Naturally SPeaking or othe voice-activate word processing, & there are no more home jobs transcribing to the best of my knowledge.)  But check into this, as EDITING the transcripts may still be a viable job.

Do NOT get invoved with the rip-off's all over the Net.  From your asking us, it seems to me that you are already quite aware of that.  Congratulations to you, & Best of Luck, Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 01-14-2008 9:56 AM In reply to

Dear Kato, Aukxsona, writing in the Money Management Forum's "In Search of Money" thread posted at 8:31PM on teh 13th about 4 part-time at-hme jobs that she has.  It would be good o take a look.  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 01-15-2008 6:50 AM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,459

There is work on the internet if that interests you. People make money doing anything from selling on eBay to writing content.

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • 01-15-2008 6:56 AM In reply to

In my area, you can care for one infant and make up to $150. per week. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 01-17-2008 8:25 AM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-04-2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,928

Try these:  all legit

Live Ops

Associated Content

Cash Crate 

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• 01-21-2008 8:11 AM In reply to

• belyeu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 1

• Try going to westathome.net it is a legitamate job where you get paid for your training.  It gives you options of who to work for and you pick your own hours on a weekly basis.  some jobs are call centers for shop nbc, verison, toysrus and a few others.  It takes a little while to get started but is relatively east to learn.
  • 01-21-2008 10:27 AM In reply to

I wanted to add some info on Alpine Access.

It is a legitimate company, based in Colorado. I worked for them a couple of times before we moved. Now, we are too close to a train for me to even consider it, so I haven't applied since we moved. One of their requirements is no loud outside noises, no children or pets that will make background noise. It must be a professional sounding atmosphere.

The types of jobs I did was a flower delivery service (customer service, they are all customer service jobs), and a credit card company.

As I said, it is legit, you dont have to pay to get a job, but you do have to pay for your own background check but not until they actually offer you a position. It is 30. or so dollars (I forget).

Also, you have to buy your own headset, and it has to be corded with a noise canceling microphone. You also must have high speed internet access. They will do pre-job testing with you during the interview process, to see how long it takes you to access certain sites with various things on them, video, etc, and they have caller ID and want to see if you can be on the internet and phone at the same time, with the same number.

They do everything over the phone, and I also noticed they called me at various times of the day for pre-job testing. My guess was to see if the house was quiet then.  I highly recommend them. If we didn't live so close to the train tracks, I'd apply again.

You will get emails about job openings, but don't be surprised if you have to wait a while. They get filled fast, by the most qualified. Let us know how your search turns out!

Cheryl

• 01-21-2008 11:47 AM In reply to

• Gray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-21-2008
    • Posts 1

Are you looking just to work for someone else at home, or are you open to anything?  My advice would be to start your own business out of your home.  Why?  Because of the tax deductions and the fact that you are in control.  If you come up with the right idea, there's no limit to how much money you can make, whereas if you're working for someone else, there may be a limit to how much they want to pay you.

Take an inventory of your skills set and try to come up with an idea of a business you could do from your home utilizing those skills. Are you an artist?  You could sell your creations at local craft fairs, on the Internet, and to local retail outlets.  Are you good at sewing? You could become a tailor.  Do you love animals--maybe you could be a dogwalker or petsitter.  Are you fashion-savvy?  You could become a personal shopper.  You get the idea.  Especially consider ways you can utilize the Internet to leverage your time.  The Internet works for you 24/7, while you're sleeping, while at the kids' soccer game, while you're having dinner with the family. And of course, with any business, you need a good marketing plan to get the word out about your products or services.

If you still can't come up with an idea on your own, and you happen to be a "people person", take a look at the network marketing industry.  These can be perfect businesses for people who want to own their own business, but don't have their own idea, a large amount of startup capital, or the willingness or ability to write their own business plan.  However, you DO have to do your homework, because not all network marketing companies are created equally.  Do NOT just jump into the first company you come across.  There are many, many of them out there, and they all have different products and very different business plans.  Look at as many as you can.  Find one with the best business plan (most doable for you and best financials) and with a product or service that you can believe in as well as lots and lots of training and support.  Ask to see the company's annual report. Go to some meetings, meet some people doing the business, ask them the hard questions.  Take your time studying them. Be realistic in your expectations; all of them are going to talk about the amount of money that CAN be made with that company, but the majority of people do not make that kind of money.  If the people showing you the business pressure you to sign up right away, stay away from them.  If you have to spend thousands of dollars of your own money upfront to get into the business, avoid it like the plague. These are signs the people are looking out for their own best interests, not yours (or the company's reputation). Also try to find a company that uses internet marketing, not just one-to-one marketing, because of the aforementioned time leveraging aspect, as well as broader reach for audience.  It's also a good idea to find a company that has more than one product line, because then you increase the number of people you can sell to.  (Not everyone is interested in candles and baskets.) 

Good luck to you, 

Gray

Page 1 of 3 (25 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us