Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What's YOUR Favorite Site?

Last post 02-14-2012 11:48 AM by Nija. 67 replies.
Page 2 of 7 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2009 10:47 PM In reply to

Re: What's YOUR Favorite Site?

I like this one the best.....(does that count?)

• 09-06-2009 9:56 AM In reply to

The Simple Dollar.

thyme2save
  • 09-17-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

• ryxin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-14-2009
    • Posts 3

I had a lot of favorite sites. especially those sites for social networking like friendster,hi5,tagged etc. thats only for social networking. but you know what i have stumbled at this site. it was really great site for education. its all about different foreign schools. you could check this if you want. www.stuvu.com..
    http://www.stuvu.com - College Reviews
  • 09-24-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

Of course I have to rate this site as #1 ... I'm addicted!! (dear family knows this!) Smile

I thought I would share 2 others that I enjoy also...

www.toyvoyagers.com 

This site is a great hobby site. I have been pretty active on it for a year now. I'm taking a hiatus from it since I have been flaring up a lot lately and need to focus on real life issues. I have also seen it as a learning place also. Homeschool students (younger) could send their toy and learn about the country's culture and maybe what they do for school there. Hosts are available from all over the world. What you do is pick a toy from your collection (to be frugal), register it (free up to the first 5 voyagers), set missions for it to complete and start looking for hosts. You can choose to host or not. If you do, the only thing that you are out is postage. (And gas money if you go extra places to show things off... which you can see examples of on the site). If anyone remembers Jayme that lives in Japan (she hasn't been active for awhile) got me addicted to this site and it is very interesting! I have 2 animals traveling... one is on a "German trail" and then will move to the "European trail" then to Moscow!... the other is on his way from Germany to Thailand then will go to Canada, then the Czech Republic! (I did have another but it got stuck in Finland for awhile and he's now sitting by my bed until I feel like letting him travel again).

www.chronicbabe.com

My friend that I went camping with told me about this site. Pointed more towards women, there are men on there, it's a social networking site for those who have chronic medical conditions. I am still new to the site but it's very friendly. It's not a site for complaining but for bouncing ideas off and sharing with others who have chronic illnesses. I would rate the site as very G/PG.  I'm still feeling my way around it. The one thing I am not too happy with, and I think it can be changed if needbe, is that my real name appears on every post. It's got a facebook-type setting and there is also a chat room. 

oh, and cannot forget the site I check every time I'm online for a smile...

www.glasbergen.com

Smile

I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed. ~Robert Frost
    Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. - Anne Frank
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Married my Blessing 10-16-10 :)
    Became an Auntie 12-10-10 :)
  • 11-30-2009 9:55 PM In reply to

LiveCheap.com

LiveCheap.com:

Site is really good and focuses on people that are typically middle income that want to live cheaply.  Some frugal aspects, but mostly focused on getting things cheaply and making better life decisions on buying houses, cars, education, etc.  Written by some very good experienced people with solid backgrounds in finance, travel, and real estate.

The Terrible Economics of Dual Income covers why two working parents seldom is smart financially.  There are some other articles from people that have a significant amount of financial, travel, and life experience.

Other than that, The Simple Dollar has some very good and thoughtful advice. Wisebread has some good forums with some smart posters, but I think that most of their articles are fairly shallow in terms of expertise. For advice, go to the forums as their blog tends to be a little shallow.  Overal, its a good site with a lot of posters, but I prefer more in depth articles with more substance.

• 12-17-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

My favorite site is of course mine where we are offering modern & contemporary furniture with Financing Options which is affordable for low income people to have their modern furnished house within their low budget with our easiest payment terms. I do hope members would review my site www.modernfurniture4home.com and do read its financing options here www.modernfurniture4home.com/financing

I would certainly believe that members will do send me their reviews to me.

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 12-24-2009 6:32 AM In reply to

Besides the many excellent frugal sites already mentioned, there's Project Gutenberg. I just downloaded a free copy of Lydia Child's 1800's classic "The American Frugal Housewife".  A double whammy money saver.

• 12-27-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

Second favorite frugality site:  thereifixedit.com

Might not be your kind of fixes, might not be mine either, but they are killer funny!

• 01-22-2010 8:37 PM In reply to

The simple dollar is good! I had a lot of favorite sites, cause I like shipping online, It is so convenient and easy to do. I can match ebay for one-of-a-kind, Uxsight.com has the low price for ipod & iphone Accessories, Computer & Networking Accessories, Jewelry & Watches, Cell Phones & PDAs, Cameras & Photo and so on. Calendars.com has something for absolutely everyones' interests, thinkgeek.com has the best stuff, lots of which you cannot get anywhere else because it's their invention, and Amazon links to just about everything on the planet, including Tortuga Rum Cake - our family tradition. Gift Cards! You can now get iTunes gift cards online which saves a big hassle. Ther are so convenient and not only do I save money.

• 01-25-2010 8:34 AM In reply to

I'll add dealextreme.com for iPod, iPhone, and electronics.  They're cheaper than Uxsight and dealextreme has free shipping.

Page 2 of 7 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us