Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bakery Outlet Store

Last post 10-17-2012 4:22 PM by brenl. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2012 1:43 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Bakery Outlet Store

I used to stop monthly at a bakery outlet to get cheaper bread and pastries. Their prices increased and I stopped going.

Do you still find deals in places like this?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-17-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

Re: Bakery Outlet Store

I used to find good deals at the bakery outlet being we don't do dessert very often and aren't big bread eaters most in our area have closed. I used to really enjoy shopping at the bakery outlet.
  • 10-17-2012 2:10 PM In reply to

I find good deals compared to the prices at the full service grocery stores and Costco. We like sourdough bread, Costco sells it for 2 loaves for 5 dollars and I buy it at the Bakery Outlet for $1.39 a loaf. I buy my DH's whole grain bread for $1.39-$1.50 a loaf there also. At Costco his bread costs $4-5 for 2 loaves. Whole wheat buns for burgers are $1.40 at the Bakery Outlet and at the supermarket I can't find them under $4.
    Riley
  • 10-17-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

We use to have them and now they have disappeared... even the big well known one in San Fran. I don't know what happened?
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 10-17-2012 2:46 PM In reply to

We are lucky, we have a great one within walking distance of our home. They have great deals on bread - 2lb loaves of whole wheat/multi grain/oat bread for $1.50 each. They have deals depending on what they need to get rid of, so will be different each day. I often get english muffins or hamburger/hotdog buns for $1.25 or less.

They have a free table that you can pick an item from if you spend more than $7, fill your punch card, or other promotions.

I always spend at least $7 on the bread, so guaranteed at least one free item each trip.

SS

• 10-17-2012 3:18 PM In reply to

We had two bakery outlets but one closed. They decided it was more cost effective for them to throw the bread away. The other one is not cheap. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 10-17-2012 4:22 PM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-04-2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,425

The bread outlet that I use to shop at closed. There is one about 1 hour away, but I haven't been there for a while. I found out that the dollar tree that is one hour away has bread. One dollar a loaf. So it has bagels, english muffins, and regular bread. It depends on the day what they have. I have cleaned out.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us