Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Weekend $$$$$$ Stretching for July 7 and 8

Last post 07-08-2012 9:10 PM by sissy. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (22 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2012 8:43 AM

Weekend $$$$$$ Stretching for July 7 and 8

Good Morning, another weekend is here. How will you stretch your $$$$$$$ ? Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 07-07-2012 8:47 AM In reply to

Re: Weekend $$$$$$ Stretching for July 7 and 8

Good Morning, we slept in and it felt good. Now off to run some errands. I still have to find a birthday present for a 9 year old girl. DH has to pick up a cotton candy machine for church. Tomorrow starts our outdoors VBS program. Tomorrow evening is registration with cotton candy, popcorn, games, prizes. Hoping for nice weather. We have a big tent so unless storms the show will go on.  Need to see my Mom today. Tomorrow with church and birthday party and the VBS, no time to drive to see her. Need to fill up with gas too, Have a wonderful weekend, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 07-07-2012 8:52 AM In reply to

Apparently a lot of people were off yesterday or got back into town. The restaurants were packed and the grocery stores were about picked clean. Fortunately we were able to get everything on my list, but there was a lot of bare shelves, something you don't normally see unless there's a bad storm coming. Nothing much planned this weekend, still one more hot day with heat index around 100. Yesterday was incredibly hot, it was still 100 at 9:00 last night. We will visit DH's BFF today and MIL tomorrow. All food from home. Jill
  • 07-07-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Hot today, a bit cooler tomorrow.  This heat is wiping me out...I'm so lazy.

Today, I'll finish some sewing and maybe church tonight if it cools down, if not, I'll go tomorrow morning. 

I have tons of food so I can hibernate in my cool basement and not go out for anything.  I was going to do a few yard chores but the heat is too oppressive - they can wait until tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'd like to make some potato soup.  Now that I know it freezes well, I'll have more variety for my lunches, plus, I need to use up the potatoes. I was going to try a new recipe but since I have stuff on hand, I prefer to use up what I have.

Susan in MI

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • 07-07-2012 11:17 AM In reply to

It is going to be another warm day today. We have no plans to do anything that I know of, but that can always change. I have a load of laundry to do today and I need to dust the furniture. All food will be from home today since I went grocery shopping yesterday and the fridges are overflowing. I think we will grill some steak for dinner tonight.
    Riley
  • 07-07-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

Today is the first day of DH's vacation.  He woke me up at 6:45 to start running some errands.  That woould n't have been so bad if I had gone to sleep before 4!

We were looking for a fuse to fix the TV instead of paying a repair bill. It took four different stops but we finally found some.  A pkg of 4 for $3.  Hope it works.

We stopped at the farmer's market and bought tomatoes, squash, okra, onions, and a cantaloupe. $7 out for those.

DH had a haircut this morning $10.  Worth it since his hair was over his collar!

He is napping now and then we are going to make a short out of town trip (about 80 miles) so he can look around Bass Pro Shop. We will eat at Olive Garden.

re-tired

• 07-07-2012 1:35 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,400

This morning I finished building the last of the screens on the back porch that were destroyed in last week's storm. Not too bad on that, ~$50 for materials and $25 for the blade to cut the aluminum channel stuff. The next door neighbor found a guy to do the fascia replacement for the piece that was blown off in the storm and that was $90. At little high I guess but it's so doggone hot I wasn't looking forward to doing it so I wrote the check.

Given that's all we've spent on repairs for the storm we got off pretty easy compared to some who's houses were heavily damaged.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • 07-07-2012 3:13 PM In reply to

Started off the day with washing/dropping potatoes in crockpot for 4 hours while I did other things around the house...

I created veggie pizza for brunch Yummy..

George Foreman grilled 6 chicken tenders for my dinner for 2 days and froze the other 6 I may buy more before sale is over..

Diced up strawberries and grabbed blueberries for dinner

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/

Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 3
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• 07-07-2012 4:54 PM In reply to

Still in the 100s today ... supposed to start cooling off tomorrow.

I'm not sure who's more lacking in common sense -- The youth baseball league that holds a tournament in this heat, or my DH who was out working in it and nearly got overcome...

Otherwise ... spent $$ at Costco today for milk and our usual goodies. Stopped at one of the groceries to pick up some on-sale cheese .. found some pork cutlets on markdown, so grabbed them .. they'll make a quick meal.

• 07-07-2012 9:07 PM In reply to

Spend today was 10 dollars I got me a sweater from the thrift shop and hangers for jackets and couple other dollars I need more ibprphine.

Page 1 of 3 (22 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us