Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Getting Rid of Pests

Last post Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:23 PM by sissy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 5 2012 5:09 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Getting Rid of Pests

It's summer and for some that means unwanted pests like roaches, ants, spiders and more.

What are your best tips for preventing and getting rid of these pests?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Jul 5 2012 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Getting Rid of Pests

To help avoid ants in the pantry, everything is kept in plastic containers or ziploc bags. My husband also sprays the yard for fleas and ants every few months.

If someone figures out how to get rid of or prevent spiders in the house I would sure like to know their secret. We live in the country and I am in a constant battle against cob webs and spiders.

Riley
  • Fri, Jul 6 2012 12:53 PM In reply to

• MamaJ
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 5 2009
    • Posts 963

The only pest we really ever have issues with is fruit flies. We try and keep the compost bucket outside if it has anything sweet in it. I've also devised a pretty good trap for them with a jar, a piece of paper, and a rubber band, using sugar water or strawberry tops as bait. 

• Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:23 PM In reply to

I have pets of its bugs I get a spray bottle put tea tree oil in it and 1 cup water to 5  or 5 cap full of tea tree oil in the bottle and spray the screened windows for that just to get rid of the little pests.

chrissanne
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us