Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Sunburn Home Remedy

Last post Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:41 PM by aloha_from_cali. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:20 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Sunburn Home Remedy

My daughter was out with friends today and came in a little too red. I thought I had aloe vera gel but I am not finding it.

Are there any good home remedies we can use to ease the discomfort?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:31 PM In reply to

Re: Sunburn Home Remedy

Make a paste of oatmeal and water or have an oatmeal bath, it takes the sting out of the redness.  Then also baking soda and water will help too.  calamine lotion if you have any is good too.

Sally

• Sun, Jun 3 2012 11:54 PM In reply to

Vinegar on the burn seems to help.
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:28 PM In reply to

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:47 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Used vinegar all my life.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:11 PM In reply to

I use vinegar as well, along with lots of whatever lotion or moisturizer I can find. keeping the skin well moisturized seems to minimize the peeling for me.
  • Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:31 PM In reply to

DH is big on aloe vera gel for moisturizing the skin. I just take Advil for the sunburn pain, everything else is only temporary relief.

Jill

• Tue, Jun 5 2012 2:22 PM In reply to

aloe vera plant

noxemia lotion

calemin lotion

vinager the white kind works

cold milk bath

oatmeal flour make a past put on or oat meal bath

chrissanne
  • Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:30 PM In reply to

I use plain yogurt or a milk bath
  • Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:41 PM In reply to

Brandy I don't have any other suggestions that haven't already been suggested but I just wanted to say I hope your daughter is feeling better! Sunburns are just awful!
    SAHM to 2 toddlers and 2 cats! Happily married to my soul mate! How could life get any better!?!
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us