Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

A Healthy Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe?

Last post Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:40 PM by jos41. 12 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (13 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 29 2012 6:18 AM In reply to

Re: A Healthy Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe?

Hi Spider, I have not made it yet because I am waiting until my next Grocery Outlet haul to look for plain greek yogurt and buttermilk. I can find better deals there so I have waited. If I can't find it there I will get elsewhere. I got my Mom all excited earlier talking about it! I will be using fresh and dried herbs/spices which I have here, just waiting on the base.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Wed, May 30 2012 9:27 PM In reply to

I totally understand... I had intended to do a Grocery Outlet run today, but Chickadee was sick. Instead I worked on rotating and reorganizing the food storage since it's getting warmer (most of mine is in my uninsulated garage). Hopefully she'll be better enough that we can go tomorrow.
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:40 PM In reply to

• jos41
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 31 2007
    • Posts 19

I make ranch dressing all the time. I use a base of 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or yogurt)1/3 cup Daisy Light Sour Cream (all natural) and 1/3 cup buttermilk or more depending how thin you want it. Parsley and onion and/or garlic are all basic ingredients. Then I get creative. I started with the Martha Stewart ranch recipe, she adds some vinegar for a little zip of flavor that I was missing. I make variations - add feta cheese and bacos to go with salad with tomatoes. Capers are a great flavor addition as well.
Page 2 of 2 (13 items) < Previous 1 2

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us