Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Slipcover

Last post 12-17-2007 9:53 PM by momof3. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2007 7:34 PM

Slipcover

My friend gave me a Bassett arm chair that she was going to donate. The upholstery is faded and stained, but besides that it is in good shape. For now, I am going to slipcover it. Any suggestions over where to buy a good slipcover? It is a little oversized with a T cushion. I am looking for a washable, cotton slipcover in red or brown. (I have not sewn in a really long time, so making my own is not an option right now.)
  • 12-17-2007 9:53 PM In reply to

Re: Slipcover

For the more fitted type slipcovers:  Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond carry slipcovers.  I have seen slipcovers at Wal-Mart, but I can't remember if there were any for chairs.  Domestications (mail order) also has some nice looking slipcovers reasonably priced.  You can do a little comparison online without having to waste the gasoline.

Some of the discount stores carry slipcovers; some are the drape-type (don't really stay put that well).

It may be more difficult to locate a good slipcover second hand, but it can't hurt to scour thrift stores, freecycle or e-bay.  You may find a throw or a sheet that you can use for a while. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us