Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

On-going reports from CONGRESSIONAL QUARTERLY [daily] on SNAP/Food Stamps legislation

Last post Wed, Aug 8 2012 3:15 PM by Deborahmichelle. 108 replies.
Page 9 of 11 (109 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:23 PM In reply to

Re: On-going reports from CONGRESSIONAL QUARTERLY [daily] on SNAP/Food Stamps legislation

seaturtle:

Thank you again, Deb. I am afraid you were right about a possible worldwide depression (the euro, Spain, Greece, Italy, the 15 banks losing credit...). 

Greece is going belly up already wow more then 10 banks 15 now??? now Im nervouse kinda sounds like germany before 1914 my grand mother told me these storys my dad's mom my moms mom suffered threw two wars and up and downs of germany alongwith the other countries there and now its will or not might happen again I will just listen and read I know debra you say that to me alot and Im glad you do this effects my parents and cindy.

chrissanne
  • Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:54 PM In reply to

Re: On-going reports from CONGRESSIONAL QUARTERLY [daily] on SNAP/Food Stamps legislation

Dear Seaturtle & Sissy, Peter says that we can have impact on the European fiscal morass via political action, that it fits into the category of things we can change. (In contrast, he had to be coaxed into reviewing the RadiationNetwork map thta Grame posted the link to, as instead of courage f the tnhings we can change, he feels that that requires the serenity to accept the things we cannot change -- & thereby, that he tries not to think about!). *** Let me send you to the wonderful thread in General that expresses the love that we Forumites have f each other: "How do I get out of my fear & "energized state"? *** Seaturtle, I, too was dismayed by Moody's having downgraded the creditworthiness of Lehman Bros. & 14 other banks this past week .... You must NEVER feel alone! Love in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:09 PM In reply to

Sissy it is interestingwhat debra said I just kind of read off yahoo of the euro changing in italy and spain today or it could be off the nsm news but I will keep reading yourr post debra and you have a good weekend.

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 8:08 PM In reply to

Dear Forumites, *** SNAP/Food Stamps legislation has only a remote chance of clearing Congress in August. For details, see *** https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=cm#inbox/1387be85b782df68 *** Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:56 PM In reply to

Thanks as always, Deb. I cannot access any of the links you give, though. ?

• Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:36 PM In reply to

seaturtle:

Thank you so much, Deb. There certainly is a need for weeding out the abusers. To hear that you doubt there will be an effect on those of us who need assistance eases my mind. I will check this thread daily.

I think of you every day. You are always such a dear heart and a help to all.

This is helping e alot for cindy and seaturtle thanks for listening to cindy once in awhile I like that thank you.. And debra oh now you are such a dear doing a post like this really helpful information specially for cindy since she is poverty level or below me I just learn to make sure what is out there and I at least want to read your openion first before I open my trap of a mouth thank you for posting this month

chrissanne
  • Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:18 PM In reply to

My dear Seaturtle, I do not know why the links don't work f you .... How about your getting on the mailing list f CQ. Try copying in this URL on paper & then typing it in: *** dailybriefing-service@newsletters.cqrollcall.com *** But, it may well be too much information, as it covers EVERYTHING in Federal politics .... You could do this long-hand copying on the links I've given above, too, & that would in my opinion be much more to the point .... Love in Him, Deborah & Heart *** Dear Sissy & Cindy, I pray f you every day .... Love in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Sat, Jul 14 2012 10:40 PM In reply to

Why thank you debra you are a special person thank you for this up date so I keep my eyes peeled for it.  sissy

chrissanne
  • Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:26 PM In reply to

Dear Forumites, There are 2 important items of news from the US House of Representatives today. The first is that the agriculture appropriations bill is not very likely to be acted on at all before the electuon. The second, & more newsworthy/novel, is that the House agriculture appropriations bill is far less draconian/drastic in cuts to the SNAP/Food,Stamps program than the House GOP budgetary legislation was a few months back. The House agriculture appropriationsb bill would only reduce SNAP's budget by $16.1 billion. The House GOP budgetary legislation called f $80 billion in SNAP cuts. Thus, the House cuts to SNAP are in ths same ballpark as the Senate's (but the proposed House agriculture appropriations bill's cuts are still higher than the Senate's). I*** http://public.cq.com/docs/news/news-000004122963.html *** Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Jul 17 2012 2:08 AM In reply to

Deb, I did sign up for the daily newsletters, but haven't received anything yet. Should I sign up again - they sent me a Welcome Notice.

Page 9 of 11 (109 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us