Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Good book

Last post 07-24-2012 10:07 AM by Deborahmichelle. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2012 11:05 PM

Good book

I am reading "The Mindful Way Through Depression", by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindal Segal and Jon Kabbat-Zinn. This is not pop Cure-Yourself-InOne Week stuff, it's age-old spiritual and meditative work, not religious but applicable to all us, no matter what our faith (or lack thereof).  There is a CD that comes with it.

It can be used for depression, but also just for our daily anxiety and life difficulties. It emphasizes living in the moment with lovingkindness, gratitude, forebearing acceptance and joy. Really worth reading. A practical book for how we can better live.

• 04-20-2012 11:11 PM In reply to

Re: Good book

Did you get it from the liabrary or the book store if it is I wouldn't mind cheking this out might help me alot thank you seaturtle for sharing Oh I got done with the book of third world america how poor america is and how its becoming a third world nation sick as it was a good read for me I like keep up with polictics I shouldn't but I do....lol thanks again.

• 06-08-2012 3:38 AM In reply to

Re: Good book

You can easily get this book online at amazon.com..I ordered mine from there only..

• 07-24-2012 10:07 AM In reply to

Re: Good book - Meditation

Dear Seaturtle & Forumites all, Please Google "Jon Kabbat-Zin". You'll be able to find lots of You-Tubes on mindfulness meditation. Love in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us