Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Hello

Last post 05-08-2012 7:58 PM by grame. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2012 7:20 PM

Hello

Hello to all who read this!!

I am new here. i am 34 yrs old. i am married to the greates guy in the world. we have 2 young girls 7 and 9. we live on 13 acres and are despiratley trying to fix up the whole house room by room and turn our land into a hobby farm we can live off of.

we have gotten the chickens so far.  lost our first 25 to raccoons last spring.  got 25 more 5 months ago and lost 6 hens to dogs breaking thru the fence. have 25 more on order and will be here in june. 

getting 15 turkeys first week in may. will be our first time with these. we are also looking to get 2 cows and a pig to butcher for ourselves and sell off the rest each year. if a good demand hoping to get into it to make money as well.

my husband is really into getting us to self seficency (spelling bad sorry) he also got a bee box and will be raising bees as well. will learn to make candles and other things to sell plus the honey.

my husband and i both work full time. i work days mon - fri. drop kids off and pick up on my way to and from work. my husband works 7 days on 7 days off 12 hour shifts. so we dont' see all that much of each other and is then hard for us to get work done around the home. time and money is always the problem....

i am looking forward to looking around and getting some ideas on things we are getting into and to get help and meet some great people.

if you ever have questions-- just ask...

nikiSmile

• 04-10-2012 7:32 PM In reply to

Re: Hello

Welcome, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 04-10-2012 7:32 PM In reply to

Hi niki welcome to my farm I live in washington so I know what you mean having to live off your own land I been there done that ...

Just saying hello and welcome to our zoo us natives get restless needing new ideals to and now pull up and chair take notes join in on the fun....

• 04-10-2012 7:39 PM In reply to

Welcome Niki
    Riley
  • 04-11-2012 6:34 PM In reply to

thank u guys

• 04-11-2012 9:11 PM In reply to

Welcome, Niki! A hobby farm is our dream, too...but, right now, we're tied to the city for our son's autism treatment. This is a very nice community; hope you'll stick around and enjoy it :)
  • 04-11-2012 10:18 PM In reply to

Hofmama:
    Welcome, Niki! A hobby farm is our dream, too...but, right now, we're tied to the city for our son's autism treatment. This is a very nice community; hope you'll stick around and enjoy it :)

Hoff how is the son doing with the treatments now?????

• 04-11-2012 10:39 PM In reply to

cheapChic:

Hofmama:

Hoff how is the son doing with the treatments now?????

Today was awesome: he went the whole day at school in underpants, no accidents! (Potty training is often delayed for autistic kids, so to have it down at four is pretty early, and a huge weight off my mind in terms of sending him to kindergarten this fall). He also is having a language explosion...love it! :)
  • 04-12-2012 9:12 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Welcome to the community!

Please jump right into some of our discussions. We all love making new friends.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 04-12-2012 9:21 AM In reply to

Welcome! I look forward to reading your posts!

Erika
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us