Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Eating anything from the garden yet?

Last post 03-18-2013 4:27 AM by led light. 168 replies.
Page 11 of 17 (169 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2012 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Eating anything from the garden yet?

We got a slow start this year and nothing has come up ripe yet with exception of strawberries and raspberries. Looks like we have some blueberries that'll be ready by the end of the week tho!!
    SAHM to 2 toddlers and 2 cats! Happily married to my soul mate! How could life get any better!?!
  • 06-08-2012 10:15 PM In reply to

We are still getting a little salad from the lettuce that is in the shade, plus green onions, chives, snap peas, strawberries, pie cherries, red currants & more rhubarb.  We had a single solitary blueberry that made it to "ripe" - I let our oldest granddaughter eat it!

• 06-11-2012 12:44 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

onions , starberries, greens, blueberries . mixed greens

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 06-11-2012 11:44 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

radishes , very hot radishes .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 06-11-2012 2:15 PM In reply to

Picked the last of the spinach, sugar snap peas, beets/greens and green peas. Still have chard. Waiting on squash, tomatoes and green beans.

• 06-12-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

Picked the first of the peas, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 06-12-2012 10:58 AM In reply to

Jalapeno pepper plant is loaded with peppers that should be ready when we get back from vacation if DS remembers to water like he is supposed to. Tomatoes are turning red but not getting very big. I am going to fertilize them again today. We are eating alot of basil and chives. I need to re-seed the cilantro.
    Riley
  • 06-14-2012 12:39 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am guessing I have another bust year. I see little sprigs of green in some of the pots.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 06-14-2012 5:45 PM In reply to

Snap peas!!!
  • 06-15-2012 12:31 AM In reply to

We picked the rest of our red currants today.  Total yield was 16 cups of fruit, now in the freezer, to rupture the cells so they are easier to juice.  The white currants are just beginning to ripen, & the gooseberries are almost there.  We are still picking pie cherries & strawberries.

The lettuce has slowed down, but there was still enough for a salad today, with green onions, snap peas & radishes from the garden.  I planted more lettuce, spinach & onion seed today. 

Page 11 of 17 (169 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us