Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Friday, April 6th $$$$$$$ Stretching

Last post Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:08 AM by zohnerfarms. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:39 AM

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Friday, April 6th $$$$$$$ Stretching

Good Morning, this will be a busy weekend for many. Some will be remembering the Passover  and celebrating G'd deliverance. Others will be remembering Good Friday and celeberating Easter Sunday.  How will you be stretching your $$$$ today? Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: Friday, April 6th $$$$$$$ Stretching

Yesterday and today I had DD get up by herself and get off on the bus. I felt guilty but she is 15. I slept both mornings until 9! So I am just finishing my morning coffee and will hop in the shower. Then will call our dear friend Seaturtle, to return her call, then need to schedule DD's driving permit test, as I keep forgetting, then I will go have the snow tires swapped out for the regular ones in town. Will probably stop and get an oil change as I am way overdue. Yesterday I had a really good day, first in a while. I got quite a bit done and spent a few hours in my craft room finishing up cards for various people and even got one done for mother's day. I went to bed with that all too rare feeling that all was well. Today my fibro seems to be flaring but hoping a hot shower corrects that.

Tomorrow is DH and my 22nd anniversary. I am sure we will go out to dinner. He may have to work overtime during the day. I was reflecting on our lives together last night and I just couldn't believe how fast the time has gone by. He really is an amazing man! God knew exactly who I needed! I honestly look forward to another 22 years together as I know it will be even better.

Second DS called to ask for insurance info for his school. Guess he never filled out proof of medical insurance at the beginning of the semester. He said his monthly medication I mailed never made it. It sais online they delivered it to the college March 22 so I told him to go to the office and check. Hoping it is there. Glad it is not one that he can't just quit(at least I hope it isn't). He told me he doesn't think he needs it anyhow and is doing fine without it which is a HUGE blessing if it is correct.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. I will spend much time focusing on the good Friday message today.

Hell hath no fury like a woman who has lost her coupons
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:01 AM In reply to

I am at work today and also thinking of Good Friday. I have a Bible app on my iPhone and will read the Bible lesson for today since I will be unable to go to 3:00 services.

DH is home today with the kiddos as there is no school. He has a to-do list, LOL. Hopefully he can get a few of the things done while the kiddos are  playing. It's supposed to be beautiful so I know a trip to the park is on the list as well.

Dinner tonight: something on the grill. Asparagas was well priced so I bought some and I think we will grill that as well. Easy night at home as we are leaving tomorrow for my dad's for the weekend. Packing is a bit more involved as we have Easter clothes for church plus I'm trying to take Easter basket things but keep them hidden in the back of the station wagon.

Both DH and I need gas in our cars. I have $40 cents off a gallon at the grocery store gas station so DH will at least fill the Tahoe up there. Not sure where/when I will get gas. I paid the daycare bill yesterday so that was a big chunk of our budget spent. But 2nd to last month of daycare bills and then we will have lots of financial breathing room for the summer when the kiddos are home with DH.

Have a blessed weekend, everyone! Take care!

Erika
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:49 AM In reply to

Woke up to sunny skies and no breeze today, thank goodness cause my allergies are driving my crazy. Got to sleep in this morning since DH took a few days off from work. He needs to rest some. I think today will be yardwork for him and housework for me. I have laundry to do from his business trip and his regular work clothes. I need to vacuum now that my shoulder and neck aren't sore anymore. Dinner tonight will be crabcakes. steamed asparagus, coleslaw and rice. Hoping for a nice quiet day.
    Riley
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 3:03 PM In reply to

I woke up to snow falling. When it stopped around noon, we had 6-7" of snow on the ground.  I shoveled the drive the first time, then DH did it the 2nd time. We put the snow on the lawn to help water it ( we live in a desert state, and this has been the driest winter on record).  I used ice cream buckets to scoop up enough snow to completely fill my 4 water barrels.  It will melt, & I will use the water for the garden.  I also filled the ice cream buckets & the watering cans, to let the snow melt in them.  I usually make small snowmen around the fruit trees, to help more of the snowmelt go where I want it to go, since snow melt is free water here. 

I work tonight, so dinner will be leftovers for DH, & oatmeal for me at the hospital.  I will pick up my paycheck at work tonight (yippee!), which will save a gallon of gas for the trip in to get it.  I put a jar of pickled beets & a can of mandarin oranges in the fridge to chill for our Easter dinner on Sunday.  We are having a ham from the freezer, baked in the crockpot while I work tomorrow night, with the sweet spring salad from the Prudent Homemaker site recipe - lettuce & onion greens from the garden, everything else from the pantry. We are also having herbed mashed potatoes ( from the pantry - Betty Crocker is helping me this year since I work both Good Friday & Black Saturday). Tomorrow I will make green gelatin salads in the glass sherbets from my grandmother, boil & color a few eggs, & set the table with the china. Sunday morning I take a short nap, thenw e will go to church & I will make the deviled eggs & the salad right before dinner.

The only money I will spend today is the gas to go to the family history center for my volunteer shift & later to go to work.

• Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:56 PM In reply to

zohnerfarms,

I'm impressed with your creative uses of snow to water...especially the snowmen around the trees! 

Ruthellen

• Fri, Apr 6 2012 5:00 PM In reply to

Sunny but still chilly ... expecting another round of frost tonight, so left things covered.

Helping DH with proofreading youth baseball schedules .   Some kitchen work  ... bought onions on markdown, so need to get some of them chopped and in the freezer.  Did the same with celery that had been in the fridge for a while....

Things are difficult at work right now... along with upcoming changes, I'm feeling very tired and discouraged ...

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:46 PM In reply to

WolfT with a schedule like yours I would be tired just seeing you work hope things get better for you mood wise...

Me I blew about 30.00 got a roti chicken 6.99 at a krogers owned store and got some diet coke and meds for allergies I wish I can breath threw the nose allergeys again this time of year

• Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:49 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

it is a 4 day weekend here so we are all off.  weather is weird  hot sun and then driving rain and hail from random big clouds..  kids acted up and not listening so dropped them off at the inlaws. was going to take them to toys r us to use the gift cards from xmas after we stopped at xcargo...place like big lots.  

I had stopped that store the day before and it was a good one of the chain when I was out with my friend for lunch waiting for fil to be finished at the hospital. got a ottoman, dh a mouse and cables and we picked up a deep fat fryer for $30 with warranty. then went for a lovely lunch with dh.   then to a guide leader meeting that ended up being 4hrs long lol but the rest of the year is planned. 

home now put on laundry, kids watching smurfs and dh made them chicken burgers for dinner.  cookie selling tomorrow and dh and ds have a sleepover with the beavers sat nite. so just cleaning..lots to do plus garage decluttering on the agenda.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:50 PM In reply to

Thanks Cindy ... feeling a bit better today!

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us