Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Weekend Stretching your $$$$$ for March 31 and April 1st

Last post 04-01-2012 9:10 PM by seaturtle. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2012 4:19 PM

Weekend Stretching your $$$$$ for March 31 and April 1st

Good Afternoon, I was out of the house early so late starting this post. Please share your weekend plans. And remember tomorrow is April Fools Day. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 03-31-2012 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Weekend Stretching your $$$$$ for March 31 and April 1st

Busy day, Bean and I went to a church rummage event. Got two boys white t-shirts, two pair of pants, pair of shorts for $2.  Then off to the discount store for Easter candy and gummies for egg hunt for the grands. The Dollar General , they had a $10 off $25 of clothes and shoes. There were markdown kids clothes for $2 each. Found a lot of good bargins. I spent $3 and Bean spent $17, saved the $10 by paying together. Total would have been $27.  Then home to cook for church share all dinner.  Did a load of laundry.  Tomorrow is church and birthday party. Have a blessed weekend, Babs
  • 03-31-2012 4:55 PM In reply to

Woke up to sunny skies but now it is raining and windy. Did some laundry and straightened up the house. DH went to the harware store for some materials for a cabinet he is making. Tonight will be chicken tortilla soup or hot dogs for dinner. Tomorrow we are going to an automotive show in the bay area so dinner will probably be out somewhere.
    Riley
  • 03-31-2012 6:03 PM In reply to

Well, I didn't win the Mega Millions ... so I can't go yacht shopping today, LOL!

Sunny but cold ... time to get the coat back out.       Basic stuff today, laundry, paying bills ...  DH is putting down seed patch on the lawn

• 03-31-2012 6:18 PM In reply to

Cool this morning but the sun is out and it's much warmer. Supposed to be near 90 tomorrow. Need to replace the gas grill, it's in worse shape than we knew and has grilled it's last steaks. Looked at grills this afternoon but didn't buy. We'll see what's on sale tomorrow. DH evicted the bird's nest again and covered the vent with a double layer of window screen. No spending other than grass seed today. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Jill
  • 03-31-2012 7:13 PM In reply to

No spend today a pack of ciggerettes and a diet coke  on the way to the funeral of my pastor friend so guess church tomorrow first time since last year and a load of mending tomorrow.

• 03-31-2012 7:35 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Given that the weather is consistantly warm now, I changed over my closet last night.  This morning I was up early, two loads of laundry done and part of it is out on the line and ready to come in.  Running low on laundry soap, so made up a 5 gallon bucket and tomorrow it will be ready to pour into smaller, easier to handle containers. Tomorrow I'm planning on being in the garden plots as not all are ready for planting.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 03-31-2012 9:41 PM In reply to

Busy saturday. Did a few loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, decluttered the linen closet, packed up all the clothes that need to be donated, and made a large batch of French toast. In the afternoon we went to my nieces' shared b-day party. Tonight DD and I hung out to watch the kids choice awards. Tomorrow is church, finishing up the laundry, and doing some baking.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 04-01-2012 4:27 PM In reply to

Rainy day and 44. Feels cold and damp. We went to church, then took DS#2 and family out for lunch. Enjoyed the time together and the food was good. Then to DS#1 house for birthday party, cake and ice cream. Now home and tired. There is church at 6:30 but not sure if I will go with DH. I need to clean up a bit and get ready for tomorrow work. Hope everyone has had a nice day, Babs
  • 04-01-2012 7:40 PM In reply to

Rain early, then sunny and warm.

DH put down more grass patch; I pulled weeds and planted some basil, parsley and some turnip seeds to get baby greens.  Took a few minutes to sit on the porch and read the ads from the Sunday paper.

Just finished making a batch of salad dressing ... a vinegarette made with mulberry juice.  Want to make a batch of mulberry jam, too, but don't know if I will get to it tonight.

We have new neighbors ... nice young couple.  They certainly got to work ... they moved in yesterday, and today they were out in the yard mowing and weeding and trimming shrubs.

Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us