Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

March 16th Praise to the L'rd

Last post 03-18-2012 7:06 PM by mary w.. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2012 8:40 AM

March 16th Praise to the L'rd

Good Morning, lets share our thanks to the L'rd for his blessings, protcetion . What did He do for you this week? Please share. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 03-16-2012 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: March 16th Praise to the L'rd

I am thanking G'd for helping us through the last few weeks. We have had a lot of friends die, get sick, lots of stress. But G'd is good and has helped us to keep going.  I am thankful for DS new job. Thankful that we are getting an Aldi in town.  They are building a new store here. DS#3 is going to a job hiring fair next week. He wants to move back here and has been praying for a good job.  I am thankful for the warmer weather that is helping our oil and electric bill. G'd is good to us. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 03-16-2012 12:09 PM In reply to

My heart is so full today, that I had to take stock and list my blessings.  It took two full pages!  And that is just the ones I thought of right now; there are hundreds of others.  I printed the list off to keep and look at later, maybe when I am feeling a little discouraged for some reason or having an "off" day (or just having a case of the "I wants" lol). God is so good!

I'm retiring from my job of 28 years at the end of April, so am thinking more than usual about life and love, and how fleeting things are.  But today I'm healthy, have a comfortable home, bills are all paid for the month with a few bucks to spare, house is full of food and car is full of gas. It's spring and I have a family and friends to love.  I'm grateful for my little church and my peaceful community.  I'm thankful most of all for God's love and protection, and the way he works in my life.

Carol
    western NC
  • 03-16-2012 1:06 PM In reply to

I am thankful for both of my kids having a job. I am thankful that the new meds that the dr has me on is actually working and that the good L'rd has protected me from the nasty side effects that some people experience while on this med. I am feeling pretty good for a change.
    Riley
  • 03-16-2012 1:36 PM In reply to

I am thankful God is getting me through a difficult week of treatment. I have been able to walk a mile each day, even on my worst day.

I am grateful God has blessed me with such a strong and tight-knit family. I am grateful for my loving husband & sons and I am thankful that God has given me the right attitude at this stage in my life - to focus on my relationship with Him and my family.

SS

• 03-16-2012 9:21 PM In reply to

Lots to be thankful for this week 

• Food on the table, roof over our heads! 
    • DD14 made our National swim team for an upcoming high level regional championship!  (woohoo!)  It's going to be a pricey trip but thankfully, we have had some contributions from business associates and a friend to help offset the cost!
    • DD14 had gone through a very unsettling period healthwise - fainting, dizzy spells.  Turns out there is nothing wrong with her heart, and her condition is treatable by significantly increasing her fluid intake (which she should be doing anyway because of the amount of exercise she does)  No drugs, no more tests!  We're all very happy!
    • Dh has been getting extra work!
    • I was off work this week. Why is that a good thing?  I work at a school where several kids have come down with a nasty bug!  I didn't bring home any money but I didn't bring home any germs either!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • 03-16-2012 10:13 PM In reply to

Thankful that a dear friend's home was not in the path of the storms that hit Michigan on Thursday ... they got heavy rain and hail, but they're OK.

• 03-16-2012 10:36 PM In reply to

I  had agreat big wind high winds here lastnight winds almost 30 miles anhour maybe 25 not remembering to well glad its over with for now and everything at my end is good bargin and seaturtle on a pernament prayer chanin with thier names they need it more then I do.

• 03-17-2012 1:27 AM In reply to

Rain and sunshine intermingled throughout the week to heighten appreciation for all about me.

Happy family and friends' relationships.

Daily tasty and nutritious meals.

Answers to prayers.

Taxes done and sent for 2011. Owed nothing. No refund. Ideal, IMO.

March Madness.

"Let all that us within me praise His Holy Name."

thyme2save
  • 03-17-2012 2:18 PM In reply to

This week the Lord held my oldest DD in His hand & physically protected her & her children, for which I am eternally grateful. 

He has blessed DH to be able to go to work most of the week, even with the stomach issues that had us in the ER last weekend.

He is blessing me that my knee is recovering from overuse combined with arthritis that caused a problem last month, & today the Lord sent me a tender blessing.  For several years, I have wanted a double shepherd's crook for our front yard, but could never justify the cost compared to other things needed.  I bought one today at a yard sale for $2, where I also found a little knick knack shelf for one of our granddaughters for $1.  This young granddaughter has had a hard row to hoe, & I was trying to find a little "something special" just for her, & she will love this.  I phoned to tell her I have it & she was very excited. 

Our daffodils are in full bloom in the front yard & the apricot tree is starting to blossom, both of which lift my spirits, & for which I am thankful to the Lord.  The poppies that the horse & steer across the back fence ate to the ground are coming back - a blessing since they are special to DH.  They were Father's Day presents to him from our children.

Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us