Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Last post Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:56 AM by gayla50. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:15 PM

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

1 onion, chopped
    1 16-oz can black beans
    1 16-oz can kidney beans
    1 8-oz can tomato sauce
    10 oz package frozen corn
    2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
    chili peppers, chopped
    chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with cheese and sour cream

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:32 PM In reply to

Re: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Thank you Gayla for the recipe share. If I leave out the onion I think my son would love this and it is so easy to make.
    Riley
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:22 PM In reply to

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Stick out tongue this is a magjor drool riley can you eat something like this for your stomach???? looking great there gayla

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:32 PM In reply to

Cindy,

The only thing that might give me trouble is the tomato sauce. I would change the chopped peppers to a can of diced green chilis so it wouldn't be spicy. I have been on some new medicine the last 2 weeks that seems to be working better than the last medicine that I was on. I am a little afraid to eat tomato sauce just yet. I am putting this in the recipes to try file though.

Riley
  • Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:05 PM In reply to

I do this one without the chicken andi t's fabulous. I love me some black eyed peas thrown in! Great for a no meat chili with a taco twist. Serve with a side green salad and some grilled cheese quesadilla triangles or some nice thick homemade corn tortilla bread!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:56 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Now we are cooking a recipe is a guide not a rule  BB let me know wo it is with Black eye pes and bell pepper  sound yummy to me 

a lot of times I have to adjust recipe due to health matters ..  for tomato sauce I use everything from chicken broth to water.

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us