Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Is It Spring Yet?

Last post 03-19-2012 12:33 PM by rolo. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2012 6:03 AM

Is It Spring Yet?

I would like to announce that the temperature in Minnesota is supposed to reach 70 degrees this week. Can you believe it!

Nothing would lift my spirits more than to see a warming trend. Snow is so "out" in this area. My friends are speaking about family cabins, my son is checking out fishing poles, all I want is a temperature warm enough to walk outdoors.

How is your weather? Do people seem to have a smile?

• 03-13-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: Is It Spring Yet?

Its an odd March week in Northern Michigan. Should be 70 by this weekend. Good for us, as much outside moving we are still doing. Dh needs to set up my laundry lines from the old house so I can hang laundry outside. Been hanging it inside near the wood cookstove...I am going to miss that stove when it gets too warm to run it!!!! nice to always have a fire ready to cook on, and clothing dries in 4 hours hung by it.

I have robins peeping as we speak outside my kitchen window. We might get one more nasty storm this year but I think its safe to take my snow tires off my car.

Goat babies, baby chicks and soon baby bunnies here always announce springtime whether the weather agrees or not. I also have baby plants started inside the house now. Can't wait to smell the fresh, earthy newly tilled garden smell.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 03-13-2012 9:40 AM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

Well, there is still ice on the lakes but we are supposed to be getting the warmer temps as well.   I've already started seeds in my greenhouse and they are happy! 
    Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
  • 03-13-2012 2:11 PM In reply to

here is up and down..beautiful day one day , miserable the next.   crocuses are out , daffs coming up  heather blooming and it is snowing!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 03-13-2012 4:06 PM In reply to

We held ontoour hats and umbrella now we got snow shoes on yeah snowed last night now home thats ok at least I didn't have to spend money today yesterday was totally cold had on wool blendpants and two layers of tops on and a wool overjacket. beerrrrrrrrrr colder then a well diggers brass buckle in winter.

• 03-13-2012 5:44 PM In reply to

Not here, got 3 inches of snow overnight, and have had 6 more inches during the day today.  supposed to keep snowing for the next few days.  So no spring yet for Western Montana.  Guess living in the middle of the Rocky Mountains means our seasons are different.
  • 03-13-2012 5:44 PM In reply to

Beautiful here in Connecticut sunny and in the low 70's for a couple of days now. I have miniature daffodils blooming in my yard and our lawn has a little green starting to show.

• 03-13-2012 8:03 PM In reply to

Beautiful day here in Southern Colorado - blue skies and 70 degrees - certainly feels like Spring!

• 03-13-2012 10:45 PM In reply to

We have had rain, snow and sun  all today.  My daughter was in Shawnigan Lake for the last week and came down again today and they had hail as well as rain, snow and sun.  The temperature was a bit warmer than yesterday but got colder towards the end of the day.  Weird mixed up weather.

Sally.

• 03-13-2012 10:46 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

got to 78 today warmer tomorrow .. our apple trees are blooming  way to early,  and  the danelions are wild .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us