Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Beach Party Food

Last post 02-29-2012 8:48 PM by cheapChic. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-27-2012 6:38 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Beach Party Food

Maybe this will give you some inspiration for the summer or a day that just needs a summer break...

Beach Party Food Ideas 

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 02-27-2012 6:47 PM In reply to

Re: Beach Party Food

You live in hot weather brandy summer now oh how I wish after this winter.. But herewas my favorites..

hotdogs and buns

potatoe salad

pickles

chips

dips

crackers and cheese

fruit

veggies

veggie dip

icecream bought at basket and robins got to be a pig in style ohhhhhhhhh wheeee let the sun come in need warmth like now.

• 02-27-2012 6:49 PM In reply to

crap sorry gone nuts here are the drinks forgot that one..

Me its coffee throw ice in it

cool aide

lemonaide

soda

iced teas

water brought from home

summer time coolers

Ban the booze why when I use to be in business with dad doing fishing in my teenagers years drunks and boats don't mix.

• 02-28-2012 4:28 AM In reply to

Brandy, those are so cute! I am a huge fan of fruit carving. Thai fruit carving, for example, is a complete art form. I admire it greatly... fun though with what these folks did.

Cindy, just say no to hot dogs sister LOL You can do better than that my dear lololol cringes::: xoxo, the hot dog gringe

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-28-2012 10:56 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

BargainBinge:
    Cindy, just say no to hot dogs sister LOL You can do better than that my dear lololol cringes::: xoxo, the hot dog gringe

Now we all know Cindy meant kosher hotdogs, not the nasty cheap ones.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 02-28-2012 11:34 AM In reply to

LOL Grame, Cindy and I have a lot of inner jokes going on but the hot dog thing - I don't care where, who or how it's coming from lol just say no to hot dogs LOL If I had a list of top 10 foods I would never serve over here they would be on the list and if I even attemped to I would never see the light of day again from my Mother. Hot dogs? just wrong, yuck, no way Jose. Koser or not, even worse if coming from a cow or pig... no thanks. Some meats really creep me out, last night I actually had a NIGHTMARE about some meats, it was really disturbing to wake up to... sigh... So bah-hot-dog-bug my dear, the hot dog gringe is grumping. You all can grill up your dogs lol but I'll bring fresh fruit and veggie kabobs to the beach party instead.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-28-2012 11:53 AM In reply to

Ps this is a really good article about kosher hot dogs and those who are under the impression they are healthy or what not... think again... they are still processed and chemical laden and high in sodium. To top it off one is paying more for a processed product even if "claimed clean"... bulls eye...dart to the heart lol No one needs that, hot dogs are useless food IMO and considered a punishment over here not a pleasure LOL as you can see I am not a fan and that's quite clear. Gets me worked up, will never understand how or why people would be serving them - especially to kids - (there are much healthier things to serve and get them to enjoy) but to each their own. My opinion on them remains solid. Good read,

http://blog.fooducate.com/2010/09/19/are-hebrew-national-kosher-hot-dogs-healthier-than-the-rest/

• 02-28-2012 1:05 PM In reply to

Those are very cute ideas Brandy. I really liked the watermelon basket. I had a friend that used to do things like that for all of the potlucks at work. She was very talented.
    Riley
  • 02-28-2012 2:00 PM In reply to

BargainBinge:

Brandy, those are so cute! I am a huge fan of fruit carving. Thai fruit carving, for example, is a complete art form. I admire it greatly... fun though with what these folks did.

At least its not her weenie dogs I got a costem for daisy she is going to be a weenie hot dog,  She just marks those downs she never eats hot dogs she don't really like them not even the hebrew nationals salt and the fat goes with it she told me gross's her out.. Me uhhhh nope Just say no to hot dogs what are you in a dare progorgram for the weenie dogs...shesssh...lol

chrissanne
  • 02-28-2012 2:02 PM In reply to

BargainBinge:

LOL Grame, Cindy and I have a lot of inner jokes going on but the hot dog thing - I don't care where, who or how it's coming from lol just say no to hot dogs LOL If I had a list of top 10 foods I would never serve over here they would be on the list and if I even attemped to I would never see the light of day again from my Mother. Hot dogs? just wrong, yuck, no way Jose. Koser or not, even worse if coming from a cow or pig... no thanks. Some meats really creep me out, last night I actually had a NIGHTMARE about some meats, it was really disturbing to wake up to... sigh... So bah-hot-dog-bug my dear, the hot dog gringe is grumping. You all can grill up your dogs lol but I'll bring fresh fruit and veggie kabobs to the beach party instead.

Okaeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy... Now your grossing me out ugggg.

chrissanne
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us