Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Does Bread Pudding Freeze Well?

Last post 02-23-2012 1:12 PM by Brandy. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2012 11:58 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Does Bread Pudding Freeze Well?

I have some excess bread to use. I am thinking of preparing and freezing french toast to bake, another pack of croutons and maybe bread pudding.

Does cooked bread pudding freeze well? I am thinking of making a big batch to freeze for later use if it does.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 02-22-2012 4:06 PM In reply to

Re: Does Bread Pudding Freeze Well?

Brandy dont know about freezing bread pudding. I do like it and make it but always eat it up.  Not a lot different that french toast just broken up bread not slices. Seems like it would work, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-22-2012 5:13 PM In reply to

I wouldn't have thought so, but a bit of research shows that you can ...  it's suggested you cut it into individual servings that you wrap in plastic,  then let thaw completely before rewarming.

• 02-22-2012 9:38 PM In reply to

Yes you can ok here is the good news about it put it in two bags if you can take all air out of it and lay it on the hard surface in the freezer meaning bottem self and freezes well and use something hard under the bread pudding so it can stay square like a container you rarely use put the bread pudding on that wrap twice and freeze the sucker.

chrissanne
  • 02-23-2012 1:15 AM In reply to

You can also freeze it uncooked. I've been making large batches of bread pudding at work and freezing them in the containers we will later bake them in. There is nothing to say you cannot prepare a batch and store in the container(s) of your choice, to later thaw and transfer to the baking pan. I've personally found they do better this way. Plus, you get the yumminess of that first baked smell whenever you take out the next batch. :)

I just had a thought... when you say "cooked" do you mean your preparation method calls for cooking the ingredients to mix prior to actual baking? Or are you saying cooked as in all done and ready to eat?

Donna
  • 02-23-2012 7:54 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

BookWyrm:
    Or are you saying cooked as in all done and ready to eat?

All done and ready to eat.

If it works out well to have the ingredients prepared and frozen to bake, I can do that instead.

• 02-23-2012 10:32 AM In reply to

Ahhh... Either way then, you should be good to package as you prefer and freeze. There might be a small difference in consistency when you thaw, but nothing a short time warming won't cure. The type I make and freeze has no cooking involved until the actual baking, so I can easily assure that it holds up well and tastes just as yummy when baked two months later as it did when first prepared. :)
    Donna
  • 02-23-2012 11:09 AM In reply to

Donna, could you post your recipe ?
    Sounds like something that I would like to try. Thanks, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-23-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

BookWyrm:
    so I can easily assure that it holds up well and tastes just as yummy when baked two months later as it did when first prepared.

I am going to try it that way.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us