Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Weekend Thanks for your Blessings for Feb 10th

Last post 02-13-2012 1:28 AM by zohnerfarms. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2012 8:04 AM

Weekend Thanks for your Blessings for Feb 10th

Good Morning, share you blessings for this past week.  Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-10-2012 8:06 AM In reply to

Re: Weekend Thanks for your Blessings for Feb 10th

I am so thankful that this week DS#2 accepted a new job. He has been in his current job for one year in March. He has not been happy, worked up to 70 hours a week on a salary, no extra money for the hours. He stuck with it and now God has given him a new opportunity. He will have a set schedule and a lot more money. Thank you L'rd for this new job.  Two people that owed me money paid me. So I have money for gas and a few groceries with out taking money from the bank.  I am blessed, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-12-2012 8:46 PM In reply to

• Toughmama2
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 11-08-2011
    • Southwest to be Northwest?
    • Posts 28

This week should have gone down in history as one of my worst. My gifted son (tested and recognized by his district as such) got his ALP (Advanced Learner Plan) and test results for the Gifted testing and the very next day got suspended for two days. Also this week I was taken to court for back medical bills and they collection company won their judgement against me. It matters not to them or the court system that I have been paying on medical bills from another ER visit and can scarcely afford a garnishment. Or that the reason it has come to this point is my work insurance deductible is so high I can't afford to meet it.

Umbrella What makes this week a blessings is what happened around all that. My SO is a trucker and we haven't seen him home in almost a month, the last time he came home and left in less then 24 hours. Thursday morning he got home at 3:30 am and was able to stay until 6:30 Friday morning. Our neighbor knowing he was home cooked a wonderful big beef brisket dinner and invited us and our son over. There was enough leftovers for him to take back 2 platefuls for him and his student driver the next day. Our son got to be woken up and took to school by his father. I got to sleep in one morning instead of being on drop off duty. And he & I got some much needed "us" time.

Going to into a stressful weekend trying to figure out how to amp up paying of the medical bill debt has consumed all my time. But it was the blessings we were given when I shared our burden that have left me teary-eyed. I posted on my facebook that I was desperately working on a new budget, as our family was going through a really tough financial time right now. And that if anyone knew of any good budget tips, sites, or books to let me know. But even if they didn't I still wanted to hear and see friends as that was the only area we seem to be RICH. Little did I know how very true that was.

Casual friends left messages telling me of food resources in our area. A coworker offered to see if she had any old clothes in my son's size as he hit a growth spurt. Another Fb friend of a woman's group, works nights and spent that time online looking up resources in our area for all kinds of things. She doesn't even live in our state, but took the time to find the info and send it to me. Another friend to whom I was going to be a bridesmaid this summer insisted I drop my commitment and just come as a guest no hard feelings. My auntie and cousin must have read my post, because, said cousin text me asking for my son's sizes now and then text they picked up a bunch of things my son's size and would be sending them next week. Another dear online friend, who I have known for years but have never met face to face, asked if I had paypal and what it was under. Once I answered yes and what, although puzzled why, she sent us $50. A gift she insists cannot be paid back. And my SO has spent the last two phone conversations with me seriously talking about and trying to help me figure out a muti-pronged solution to these troubles. In my relationship before we got back together if I harped on finance I was severely chastised. It's such a blessing to know I have a partner in this and not a hinderence.

`Aut inveniam viam aut faciam-

I will either find a way or I will make one.

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
  • 02-12-2012 8:49 PM In reply to

Well Imhighly blessed and highly favored and I don't have to eat crow so now this is a good day sucking air and 6 ft/ above ground now thats a blessed day..

Oh babs the candle is on for anyone who needs prayers.

• 02-12-2012 9:52 PM In reply to

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHEAP??!!Wink

Me Im making it week 1 without the bf kinda nice no racing around getting done with work and then with him its a slow week and it feels good to sleep at an early hour and have both my beagle and weenie dog.

chrissanne
  • 02-12-2012 11:27 PM In reply to

babs:
    Good Morning, share you blessings for this past week.  Babs

I am truly blessed this week, my husband made it safely home from his business trip. I also got a very big surprise when I went to see my parents on Thursday. My dad who had a stroke a week before Christmas is now able to walk using a cane which is a huge improvement from the last time I saw him.

Riley
  • 02-13-2012 1:28 AM In reply to

For the last 2 weeks we have been blessed to have our newest little granddaughter & our daughter-in-law visit while our son was on a business trip.  DH's parents were able to come hold their great-granddaughter, and our oldest daughter brought her children to see their new cousin.  Youngest DD was able to come see & hold her brother's first child.  We are so thankful to the Lord for the good health of mother & baby, but also so grateful that we were all able to visit with her, as they live in Georgia & the rest of us are in Utah & Idaho.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us