Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Million Dollar Neighbourhood tv show...town reduces debt/raises net worth

Last post Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:43 AM by MarthaMFI. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:25 PM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Million Dollar Neighbourhood tv show...town reduces debt/raises net worth

http://ownca.oprah.com/Shows/Million-Dollar-Neighbourhood.aspx

On the oprah network there is a show I just starting watching called million dollar neighbourhood..set in Aldergrove a town about 30mins away from me!  It was identified as a town with more then average debt per household.  So  they are doing a series of challenges with decreasing their debt and increasing net worth.  I think they have to meet a 100,000 goal per week.  Also face their financial demons.. last week they got all their recreational toys..like boats etc taken away since they aren't paid for to make a point ..the challenge was to have a big community garage sale for each family to raise $1000 each. 

Of course there is personal stories mixed in there too.   Once a week they get to decide to gift one family $10,000 per week.  neat show ..lots to learn.

This week is about bartering exchanging skills ..riding lessons for haircut and colour for example.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Wed, Feb 8 2012 11:49 PM In reply to

Re: Million Dollar Neighbourhood tv show...town reduces debt/raises net worth

could get a niced used car myself if I had the money and give sissy some to lower that medical bill of her.

Don't have one of those nieghbor hoods don't hurt to dream this one martha.

• Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:43 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Re: Million Dollar Neighbourhood tv show...town reduces debt/raises net worth

the whole town is trying to get out of debt and raise their net worth ..not an expensive place to live.  lots of them are on the verge of losing everything.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us