Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What are they studying?

Last post Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:56 AM by Cinnamonhuskies. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:55 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

What are they studying?

It's been awhile since we had this discussion. What are your children studying right now?

If you homeschool, what curriculum or materials are you using?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:58 PM In reply to

Re: What are they studying?

Well he hasn't done Science since December because we still can't find the Anotomy/Physiology dvds!! I think its a conspiracy and he hid them so he didnt have to do them....hmm,Hmm

Ds is doing Switched on Schoolhouse 11th grade Bible, Language Arts and History. he is doing Switched on Schoolhouse Math Essentials which is like General math. He is doing Alpha Omega Lifepacs Business Communications.

He is reading in his book everyday for a free read time. He has finished the Inheritance by Christopher Paolini and if about halfway thru Stephen King's new book 11/22/63 about what if JFK didnt get shot. He has a video game he played that had scenerios surrounding the Bay of Pigs and other military elements from that time so he's had a recent fixation on the Kennedys...i found him watching a docu-drama on them on cable and thought 'whaaaat? My kid?' LOL

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:18 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Cinnamonhuskies:
    Well he hasn't done Science since December because we still can't find the Anotomy/Physiology dvds!! I think its a conspiracy and he hid them so he didnt have to do them....hmm,Hmm

My oldest definitely would do that. The younger two are much easier to deal with.

Cinnamonhuskies:
    ...i found him watching a docu-drama on them on cable and thought 'whaaaat? My kid?' LOL

Sometimes their expanding interests can be surprising.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:56 AM In reply to

Found the dvds...in his old room back at the other house!!! Stick out tongue Now to catch up...

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us