Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Thanks to the L'rd for his Blessings Jan 14th

Last post Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:34 AM by babs. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 14 2012 8:45 AM

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Thanks to the L'rd for his Blessings Jan 14th

Share this weeks blessings from the L'rd. Big or little, they are all blessings. Sharing encourages others to pray and trust in HIm for our needs, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Thanks to the L'rd for his Blessings Jan 14th

Our blessings this week:-

1. Our next door neighbour and our former neighbour both gave us lots of fresh fruit free of cost! We were able to bless others with the surplus
    2. DD13 and I both had clothing needs that needed to be addressed; not only did we find a suitable dress (brand new)for her to wear to a formal award dinner for $10, I also found much needed work pants for $1!
    3. bought a fast food dinner (due to poor planning) - had to wait so long on our order we were given a refund.
    4. DH, the older DDs and I all had work this week - praise God for a job and an income however small.
    5. Our landlady has been very gracious about our tardiness with rent. Had a bit of a setback recently with unexpected medical expenses, but we will be back on track soon (stepping out in faith here!)

Sometimes when the going gets tough, it's hard to think of ourselves as blessed.  But if we stopped to think about it long enough, we'd realize that God blesses us often with little blessings as well as the occasional miracle.  We have to remember to thank Him for them all.

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sat, Jan 14 2012 8:01 PM In reply to

Brother is now out of the woods cool and feeling a bit better so no more bad year from 1. sister had cancer remission 2.break in december it happened 3. dad heart attack 4. brother heart attack 5. this is the good one mom finally getting that leg of hers taken care of nothing life threatening but I hope to god we make iit thhrew the month so far so good in 2012

• Sat, Jan 14 2012 8:48 PM In reply to

Tonight I am grateful for the scriptures that I can read when I am discouraged & find hope within their pages.  I am thankful for prayer, where I can not only lay my troubles before the Lord, but thank Him for His bounteous blessings in my life.  We have so much to be thankful for: a home, jobs, children,food, friends, & our faith.  I am grateful for Skype, so I can see & hear our little granddaughter clear over in Georgia, & have her see & hear us.  We have been blessed with so many inventions that make our lives easier - telephones, washing machines, crockpots, etc.

• Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:34 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Thank you for sharing blessings and struggles. They are connected! Please remember if there is a pray need, big or small to post it. We need to support each other in prayer during our struggles.

I am so thankful for the grocery discount stores. DIL is struggling with many food allergies. It makes their food budget very high. Sat. We found a lot of food that she can eat, some easy foods for DS that he can fix himself.  Snacks for their DD.  She was only $3 over her budget and feels that she was blessed with enough food for two weeks.  I am thankful that she is learning how to shop and plan ahead. She grew up in a family that shopped at the most expensive store in town. This hasnt been easy for her.

We  were blessed with snow that helps our towns economy. That helps to keep two of my kids in work. SIL was blessed with OT this week. Beans family needed that extra money. God is good. Sometimes we have to look deeper to see it. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us