Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Hawaiian Pizza

Last post 03-31-2012 11:21 PM by cheapChic. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2012 5:41 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Hawaiian Pizza

I love Hawaiian pizza and found a recipe for it! This one looks really easy from Allrecipes.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 01-10-2012 7:00 PM In reply to

Re: Hawaiian Pizza

I love it too.  a local chain does a hawaiian smoky pizza with a smoky bbq sauce instead of the tomato sauce..so good!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 01-10-2012 7:07 PM In reply to

Karen K would love this.

And bargin bing

me and the bf are doing this on the weekend

chrissanne
  • 01-11-2012 10:10 AM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

sissy:

Karen K would love this.

You're funny ... wouldn't be able to get this one past dh's nose.  He doesn't like any kind of fruit/citrus flavors with his meat.  But ... I have made these kind of pizzas for me and dd's.  We love them.  Bacon  for the meat ... no sausage.

Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
  • 03-29-2012 1:44 PM In reply to

That certainly does look like a good Hawaiian.  Maybe a little too much pineapple for my preference though.

If you are interested, my Pizza Hut coupons site has all the latest offers and deals.

• 03-30-2012 6:09 PM In reply to

Sounds lovely, Brandy!!! I didn't manage to get past the sign-up pop up, though. I was too sleepy to sign up, so I'll have to read that recipe tomorrow. Thank you anyway! - It is one of my favourite things to do, to make something "Hawaiian" to cheer myself up when that is needed. ("Hawaiian" in my culinary dictionary means anything with pineapple in it, lol, and I love it!)

Nice idea to use BBQ sauce in stead of tomato sauce! - I will definitely try that!

• 03-30-2012 10:36 PM In reply to

Hawaiian pizza is one of the biggest no brainer pizzas... so so so simple... ham and pineapple LOL Creatitivity comes in when sauces, cheeses and toppings are tweaked and jazzed up a bit.

Try adding mandarin oranges for extra citrus sweet!

Try using smoked gouda cheese or provolone or both

Pig free eaters use turkey ham... some folks like adding bacon or turkey bacon in addition to ham as well.

Green onions are a must with this one! red work well too... so does fresh cilantro on top...don't forget the garlic lovers... stink it up please

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 03-31-2012 9:29 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I make Hawaiian Pizza with homemade BBQ sauce  some grilled pork roast and a bit of pineapple ,  got a group of people who love Mandarin Oranges  think I will add some to pizza next time I make pizza .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 03-31-2012 9:58 PM In reply to

I wonder, does anybody know about any Hawaiian food without pineapple... they can't have pineapple in every dish they eat, can they? If anyone here happens to be from Hawaii, it would be really interesting to learn to know from you what you d o eat on a daily basis!

Love pinapple, though, so versatile that I can hardly think of a dish that couldn't benefit from it: - )... well...

• 03-31-2012 11:21 PM In reply to

helenee it taste great both ways I am a total piggy when it comes to canadian bacon and pineapple pizza its like I died and went to where ever heaven is at...Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us