Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What Do You Need This Year?

Last post 01-26-2012 10:53 PM by Walt34. 21 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2012 12:15 AM In reply to

Re: What Do You Need This Year?

For other people's problems/my coping: Grace under fire, nerves of steal, resilency and my antidepressants! A good lawyer wouldn't hurt.

For me:

1. Good humor to consider everything a learning experience and know the reason.

2. Permanent avoidance of the reason for my trials/tribulations.

3. New friends with similar experiences to keep my hope alive. It's emotionally empty and barren now. Would like long-term company of one opposite *** relationship but weight gain puts most women on the doggy list here.

4. Continued drive to work towards my goals: finish computer certification, plentiful volunteer internships, continued success at my gas-money job, wonderful people in my professional organization, abuser's stress reduced/finally taking hint from restraining order so I can resume exercising and reduced stress so I have the energy to put into meal preparation, weight loss to I may easier maintain my home/stand at a job, enough sleep to still feel like a human despite my chronic and constant health problems.

5. Drive to switch from my needle crafts to artistic expression. I find the needle work calming. I was hoping to switch to exercise to soothe (and reduce weight) instead but injury after injury have made this difficult.

6. Ability to hold onto new, healthier habits when the stress from the abuser has worsened to the point of police threatening me with imprisonment. It's hell to give up the old coping tools with this crap going on.

7. Just break even each month until I can get enough part-time hours to get a little paid off on the credit card every month. Maybe think about full-time when my abuser has been charged or his family places him in mental facility permanently.

Christine
  • 01-26-2012 10:53 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,399

Re: What Do You Need This Year?

sunshinetreva:
    We've known for a while and have been slowly saving for a new water heater. ... I figured we can't be hurting anything with our shorter showers! That is my big priority for our home.

While it is inevitable that eventually one will need a new water heater since they don't last forever, if it's electric and you still have hot water it may be that the bottom heating element is burned out. It's a relatively cheap and easy fix. For any type of tank water heater, they have a "dip tube" that carries the incoming cold water to the bottom of the tank. That dip tube can break off, letting the cold water mix with the hot water at the top of the tank where the water is drawn off and you get short showers. This is also a cheap and easy repair.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
Page 3 of 3 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 3
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us