Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Christmas 2012

Last post Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:12 PM by Chrallen. 124 replies.
Page 8 of 13 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:05 PM In reply to

Re: Christmas 2012

Today I printed off color copies of a quote that I really like about giving thanks -

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven "

3 with a red background, & 2 with rust background.  I will frame these nicely, with matting appropriate to the background color, & they will be Christmas presents for our 4 children. (The extra one with a red background is for me) I already have 2 frames that will work beautifully & am watching for others at yard sales & on clearance racks. 4 more presents in progress.

• Mon, Jul 2 2012 8:45 PM In reply to

timzagain:

I thought the tabletop stove was adorable. Durable, no plastic and best of all, it takes up a lot less space that the usual play kitchen equipment. Wish I'd seen that when my girls were little! 

I'd probably paint a bit more detail though to make it more realistic. Seems a little bland in the photo!

I'm thinking of making a few to sell at upcoming Christmas craft fairs. 

Im making a blanket that will be ordered and thought throw in one of these table top things two it usally takes me about a few minutes to figure it out tthen do a messger thing out and for you to do this and sell it should be a hit in your direction me I have to do an ebay thingie just to make a few bucks for next years christmas and the dr. bag thing is cute me Im going to sew a red cape and little basket out of felt for little red ridding hood and put lettering on it grandma's house those are the things Im going to do this fall good luck for you timez.

• Tue, Jul 3 2012 9:58 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

My brother and I have been researching our family history for a couple of years now. So for Christmas I am framing a picture of our coat of arms followed by a listing of our lineage from our original settler grandfather to that person. Recently my daughter phoned and asked if we are French Canadian, she is undergoing fertility treatments and this was asked on her medical forms. I was a little surprised I thought she knew this. Now she will know at least part of our history.

I also love the stories that have been told to me over the years and plan to write them down for them a little at a time as they come to me. For instance my Grandfather used to tell his kids when they did something wrong not to worry about going to hello instead of heaven because they all had a in.... his Uncle Duncan was so mean during his lifetime that he was sure he was down there running the show. Well they all remembered Uncle Dunc and this statement would straighten them out rather quickly. Too funny, who needs the bogeyman.

• Tue, Jul 3 2012 8:26 PM In reply to

Map578 every kid likes the boggie man plus its in every family tree boggie man in closet sorry had to say this cool coat of arms way to go on that great gift thing.

• Thu, Jul 5 2012 12:52 PM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 4 2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,426

I am done with my daughters christmas at this point. Working on my son's Christmas right know. I found a bool at BARNES AND Noble for my son and it was half off. Slowly getting there.
  • Wed, Jul 11 2012 9:13 PM In reply to

zohnerfarms:

Today I printed off color copies of a quote that I really like about giving thanks -

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven "

3 with a red background, & 2 with rust background.  I will frame these nicely, with matting appropriate to the background color, & they will be Christmas presents for our 4 children. (The extra one with a red background is for me) I already have 2 frames that will work beautifully & am watching for others at yard sales & on clearance racks. 4 more presents in progress.

I ended up printing off an extra one with an olive background after one of our daughters said she liked that color best while we were "browsing" pics I had stored online.  I decided to repurpose some nice oak frames that have been in a box in the cubby for 8 years, & today I found a couple of nice mats, so I put these all together this afternoon.  4 more presents completed.

• Fri, Jul 13 2012 5:37 PM In reply to

Clearance racks at WalMart added a velour pullover for SIL and a sweatshirt type hoodie for baby brother.  Also a funny saying t-shir for older brother and a long sleeve t-shirt for niece.  All of the above for $1 each.

Ckearance shelves got all of the puppy presents: Minnie, Penny, Cuddles, and Rosie will all get $1 sweaters.  Colby and Benjamin will get 25cent squeaky toys.  No cat toys though so I still have to find something for Nubbin.

Still working on crochet and embroidery projects.

re-tired

• Fri, Jul 13 2012 6:42 PM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 4 2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,426

re-tired I got about 4 shirts for part of my sons Christmas. Love shopping the clearance shelves.
  • Fri, Jul 13 2012 6:57 PM In reply to

I like to give magazine subscriptions. It's fun to choose something geared to their interest and the gift keeps coming all year long. Smile

p.s. magazine publishers are desperate for readership and many subscriptions are well under $10.00

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:25 PM In reply to

This year Im going to the victorian christmas they sell goodies in there and its at the tacoma dome and puyallup fair grounds they got some first rate sweaters in there so I don't have to make any.

Page 8 of 13 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us