Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Canned Biscuits - how long will they keep?

Last post 11-07-2012 9:43 AM by Loveday. 15 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2011 10:08 PM In reply to

Re: Canned Biscuits - how long will they keep?

b up to 3 weeks to months if not opened from it being sealed

• 12-22-2011 9:24 PM In reply to

Thanks everyone, this was all great feedback. I plan now to keep them there for the next 2 weeks because I need to use the holiday ham up by then and they will be great with it. Everyone here enjoys making little sandwiches with them during holiday food times!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 12-27-2011 4:28 AM In reply to

BargainBinge:
    My question is this, how long will refridgerated Grand's flaky biscuits last in the fridge past their expiration/sell date? I have 3 cans with 8 biscuits per can and don't want to waste them. I am going in for surgery today, very soon here actually, and won't be able to cook or consume them. What should I do? leave them in the fridge? take them out of their container and put in freezer bags?

BB, I have to admit, after seeing what you've said about the fish I eat and someone else's breakfast cereal, this post made me grin. :) I'm not going to comment, no matter how tempting. But.. I make my own. (duck!!)

I looked at Pillsbury's website and the info is in their FAQ under the Grands biscuit category. It says they're fresh by the sell by date. Naturally. Legal reasons behind that answer I'm sure. But they also stated not to open the can until you are ready to use them as opening the can activates the leavening, and will cause the biscuits to rise. It went on to say that if you open the can and try to store them, they will begin to deteriorate within two hours.

Hope this helps :)

• 12-27-2011 6:25 AM In reply to

Thanks Cheryl. This entire post gave me great feedback on how to preserve the biscuits without waste. They are a favorite over here so it's a treat during the holidays. I had some leftover UNopended cans and then had MAJOR dental issues and emergencies and then surgery so they were not able to use up and I didn't want to waste them - which is why I posted this. I really only purchase them around the holidays as a treat and this post gave us great insight on how to still enjoy them... so if you are grinning, grin because we are able to still enjoy them now. Smile.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 11-07-2012 9:00 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

With the current sales on biscuits in my area, I thought I'd bump this up.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 11-07-2012 9:43 AM In reply to

I had to chuckle when I saw the title of this thread, because I had a can in the fridge the other day that had expired around the 20th of October. Debated a minute whether to use it, then said to heck with it, I will--and they were absolutely fine. LOL!
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us