Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Age discrimination

Last post Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:06 PM by sissy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:19 PM

• smiles
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 14 2010
    • Midwest
    • Posts 312

Age discrimination

Has anyone ever experienced some "age discrimination" at work? I am now on the other side of 50 and have had a few things turn up that have been disturbing.
  • Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:46 PM In reply to

Re: Age discrimination

Hi smiles I have I was over 40 and got a job took me two years to get it I swear they want 21 year olds me I was lucky to find this job at long hours 4 days a week and just happy to work now cindy is a different story she use to put in for a year 12 applications aweek no one wanted her and since the dr. retired her at 38 low blow to her she was looking at 40 now in 2 months 50 no one will hire her now and she is skilled office and skilled labor and manual labor.

chrissanne
  • Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:12 PM In reply to

Crap for got to tell you its againest the law for people to fire poeple for thier age ok there is some back up you can do if someone helps to back you on this

1. you and the helper need a note book mark down everything and who talks to you and saying this and you and the partner need to jive on this have the same store .

2.mark down dates what was said and who did this who  did that and who slanders you about age

3. its called evidence verbal abuse and verbal battery and actions are hard to prove I know been there with the family we won a law suit long running on that and if the certain person slips up and saying things that we have marked down hisazz is grass.

4. reason I tell for it to jive is you need your partner in this with you is its a witness and back up helps alot and you need to find out about what to do about this its againest the law what they are doing and if they can you ,and there you and partner got more back up with other people may keep quiet they want no part of it scared out of thier pants also mark down even some strange things at work that is happening now and I wish you well.

chrissanne
  • Sun, Oct 30 2011 5:36 PM In reply to

smiles:
    Has anyone ever experienced some "age discrimination" at work? I am now on the other side of 50 and have had a few things turn up that have been disturbing.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of "age discrimination"....I RARELY hire folks under 30 years old.  The region's schools have been bad for many years and we're finding that the younger folks can't write a sentence and often don't meet the professional standards we expect.  I'm not talking wearing business suits and pantyhose or bowing-n-scraping, I'm talking showing up for work or calling if they aren't willing/able to arrive on time (or at all).  Wish you were here!

• Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:38 PM In reply to

Your answer is right there maggie right on lady...You Rock

• Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:06 PM In reply to

Whoa there is this true ?????? Some are more of high school that have dropped out or in jr. high I thought once you go threw jr. everyone knew how to read so is this true maggie forgive me if I sound alittle off course I did hire two people who did not finish school one was a cook and the other buss person and dishwasher anyone above thirty didn't apply for the job and thats upsetting older people may have to work to suplament thier s.s. and the one youngs are highered then they think they know it all fired one who steal you blind if you didn't watch her and the other one cook was to worried if she had no date for her for the weekend but no older people come to fill those two posistions so I had no choice and hire and I had 3 over 30 they did ok but one had to get off early every day to take her kid from school to home and she tried to tell me I don't want my kid on the buss well fired her so I kept one the was 55 she was great stayed with me until the deli was closed and the other one well she was another one if her jail house hubby can come to work with us then I had it and fired here then again had to rehire 2 kids they were great then just kept the three gave them more hours if they wanted and a dollar more that kept them no complaints from them.

chrissanne
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us