Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Black Friday Planning

Last post 11-26-2011 8:34 AM by Stacycue. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (32 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2011 10:16 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Black Friday Planning

For those brave souls who face the shopping madness of Black Friday; what are your sucess strategies?

Are you planning to take advantage of sales this year?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-26-2011 11:01 AM In reply to

• Lee
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-23-2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 1,356

Re: Black Friday Planning

No plans for fighting the crowds on Black Friday. However, I am taking a painting class that afternoon. The studio is located in a large shopping area so I will be fighting traffic. 

• 10-26-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

No, I always plan to stay home that day.  I don't think there's anything that would make me go shopping on black Friday, lol.
  • 10-26-2011 11:32 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am not among the brave. I hide at home that day and make up for sales all year long that are not as stressful to get.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-26-2011 3:34 PM In reply to

Many of the big stores that have deals on Black Friday have some of the same deals online with free shipping. I stay home and jammie surf. The last time I did Black Friday was four years ago. We had mobs of people grabbing and pushing ahead in checkout lines with only three checkers on duty in the whole store. Bleh. Standing in line with twenty people in front of me and others trying to take cuts is not an experience that I want to repeat. The closest town with great shopping is an hour away - so I would have to pay around twenty-five bucks in gas plus my time and wear and tear on the car to get the "deals". I am going to fix my cocoa, don my fuzzy robe and slippers, and get a few things online. Not going near the madhouse.
  • 10-26-2011 3:50 PM In reply to

Strangely, I'm not participating in it this year. Our family's entire Christmas gift is visiting Disneyland for Christmas, complete with riding the train to Anaheim and back (because it's not much of a present for the adults to have to drive in holiday traffic for 9+ hours each way!). The kids know this is what we're doing, so other than a few surprises that I already have set aside for them to open, there aren't going to be any gifts to wrap.

I already have the gifts for my nieces and nephews set aside, and we're giving the adults in the extended family homemade gifts or photo books.

Then again, my laptop computer is on its last legs, and our TV has started making a high pitched whine. We've also been discussing on whether or not to replace our 12 year old microwave (it has also started having issues). If any of those items are on a really good sale, *maybe* I'll brave the crowds.

But likely not. I wouldn't mind staying home that day!

Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • 10-26-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

got to love my nieces and DIls they love it the take one RV and then pair up and go to several stores ..they love to shop .

20 years ago with DH went with me to our Walmart he said Gayla these ladies scare me he vowed not to and to this date hasn't he however happily gives the girls money and send them out the door the boys take turns about who goes with them

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 10-27-2011 7:38 AM In reply to

My black Friday planning has been the same for a long time.  A nice breakfast at home with my family. Then we will put up our Christmas trees and decorate for the holidays.  We will have lunch at our favorite Chinese buffet and I'll make a pot of chili for supper.  This is a much nicer start to our holiday season. 

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • 11-02-2011 9:19 AM In reply to

• sahoo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-02-2011
    • Posts 3

Use high quality vaccum bags and storage container and improve your preserver capability.If you interested then please visit on the following url:http://orved.it which is is an online outlet for supplying vacuum packing machines, storage bags, cooking bags, vacuum bags, and channelled bags etc. This offers good food storage option.
  • 11-07-2011 2:37 AM In reply to

Dear i want to inform you that Walmart offers sneak peak of Black Friday deals on Saturday. Walmart is offering special deals on Saturday as a sneak peak of Black Friday specials to be offered the day after Thanksgiving. To know more related information on Black Friday like latest news,store hours, deals etc. Check out here all related information on>>> Black Friday 2011 and Black Friday 2011 Deals

Page 1 of 4 (32 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us