Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

irish stew

Last post 10-17-2011 3:55 AM by BargainBinge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2011 9:26 PM

irish stew

2 pounds of lean lamb stew meat

6 medium potaoes (2 pounds) peeled choped cut into 1/2 inch slices

3 medium onions diced

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 TEASPOON pepper

1 teaspoon of thyme leaves dried

1 can of beef broth

chopped fresh parsley

1. layer half each of lamb potaoes and onions in 3 1/2 to 6 qt slow cooker. sprinkle with half each of salt pepper and thyme repeat layers and sprinkle the remaining seasoning pour broth over the top.

2.Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to ten hours. (or high setting to 3 to 5 hours) or until lamb and veggies are tender.

3. skim fat from stew sprinkle parsely on top over the stew.

Finishing tops to stew throw in beans or peas if you like adds flavor to the stew stir in stew and let cook in good flavor to it and color also and sever nice home made bread to go with your big bowl of stew.

• 10-16-2011 10:02 PM In reply to

Re: irish stew

Oh gosh cindy boss guy saw this guuess what he said your highered and you cook this with the homemade bread to go with it... Hope b.b see's this.

chrissanne
  • 10-17-2011 3:55 AM In reply to

Re: irish stew

Thanks for posting my dear. I have never tried lamb but know it's popular in these kinds of stews. Swishy Sissy tells me you won third place for this one! Go Cindy, kudos for our favorite choco-chipper!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us