Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

No Spend * August 28 - September 3 *

Last post 09-03-2011 5:55 PM by Momof2. 26 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

Re: No Spend * August 28 - September 3 *

8/28 - Spend (budgeted grocerie very low)
    8/29 - No spend
    8/30 - No spend
    8/31 - No Spend
    9/1 - No Spend

I made the salmon last night for dinner and DD and I had that and I have enough for a salad today and tomorrow.  YAY.  I am going to eat a frozen dinner tonight with some veggies.  I have enough in the freezer and pantry to make it thru the weekend without going to the market.   I am going to go as long as I can!  I pulled a couple of turkey burgers out of the freezer.  I also have some frozen potstickers to eat up soon.

Anyway... we are all doing pretty good this week!  I am determined to use up what I have and take cash only to the store next time I go FOR SURE.... as well as use loss leader ads to plan!

Have a great day all!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• 09-02-2011 8:25 AM In reply to

Today will be a another budgeted spend day. I have some bills to pay online this morning.  We have to go to the funeral home tonight for a visitation and I have to be at church to help with the girl's club sleepover at 7:30.  Since DH doesn't get home until 5:30 not enough time for supper & clean up of the kitchen so he will grab some burgers on his way home. 

I'm going to go ahead and post for Saturday since I doubt I'll have time to get on the computer.  It will also be a budgeted spend day.  DS#2's Eagle Scout ceremony is at 3:00 and then we are going out for supper at our favorite Mexican place. 

This has not been the best week for me, only one no spend day. But all the spending has been budgeted so it's not a disaster.  I really hope to have at least 3 no spend days next week. 

08/29 spend
    08/29 budgeted spend
    08/30 budgeted spend
    08/31 no spend
    09/01 budgeted spend
    09/02 budgeted spend
    09/03 budgeted spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • 09-02-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

8/29 - No spend
    8/30 - No spend
    8/31 - No Spend
    9/1 - No Spend
    9/2 - (possible spend)

I am not sure but tonight I am going to look at a brand new eliptical that I found on craigs list for half the price (300.00).  I am not sure if she will take 300.00 but that is my offer because it will come out of savings if I buy it.  I am paying 70.00 for 12 visits now to the community center, not bad, but finding that I would probably use it EVERY day if I had it at home.  So ... we shall see.

Other than that, no spend.  I need some tums but I  asked my friend to bring me some cause he is taking us to Italian dinner tonight and I think I am going to need them.

I ran out of Nexium but want to try to take over the counter stuff to see if it will help instead.  Last night I had a frozen dinner and it was tomato based and about 10 minutes after I ate it I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.  All I had was Alka Seltzer, but it helped.

Anyone else here with that kind of problem?  How do you cope?

Have a great day!  Will update tonight or tomorrow if I spend or not tonight.  Kind of hope I do!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• 09-02-2011 11:13 PM In reply to

Dmc hi cindy made it 5 days with out spending wow I didn't make it I spent today 50 dollars on food..

Cindy she gets a pat on the back for this one.

chrissanne
  • 09-03-2011 12:31 AM In reply to

FIVE DAYS???  CHIC, you rock!!!!  Girlfriend, I want 5 days.

I did not buy the eliptical.  I went online and the reviews were bad.  I am sticking to the community center!  ;-)  Whew, close call on that one!

• 09-03-2011 5:32 PM In reply to

8/29 - No spend
    8/30 - No spend
    8/31 - No Spend
    9/1 - No Spend
    9/2 - No Spend
    9/3 - Spend

I didn't by the eliptical = YAY!!!

I  did however, get up today and hit some garage sales.  My best deal was a tall white fan that moves and I got it for 2.00.  Yep, two buck!  yay.  Gotta buy a birthday cake and my share of dinner for DDs birthday tonight.

See you next week.  Not sure what it will bring but hoping for low spend.  I am off and am going to golf and go to a couple of movies though..

• 09-03-2011 5:55 PM In reply to

• Momof2
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 03-04-2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 990

dmc,

You did great this week. I have been so busy I did not have a chance to post much and now I cannot remember if I spent or not! I must keep better track of it next week. I went to the grocery store today, so I know today was a spend day.

Shannon
Page 3 of 3 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 3
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us