Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

No Spend * August 28 - September 3 *

Last post Sat, Sep 3 2011 5:55 PM by Momof2. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 30 2011 1:04 PM In reply to

Re: No Spend * August 28 - September 3 *

8/28 - Spend (budgeted grocerie very low)
    8/29 - No spend
    8/30 - No spend

pulled some salmon out of the freezer and that might be dinner tonight or tomorrow night.  I also defrosted a couple of turkey patties, that might dinner and lunch tomorrow. Oh I don't know!  What I do know is NO SPEND!!!

;-)

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Tue, Aug 30 2011 10:25 PM In reply to

very good 2 days without spending broke a record there...

sunday-no spend

Monday-no spend

tuesday-no spend

chrissanne
  • Tue, Aug 30 2011 10:32 PM In reply to

• Juana
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 13 2011
    • Cincinnati
    • Posts 180

I need to track this also. It's been an expensive month, between paying up front for appliances, going way over my grocery budget, and paying the last of my moving costs. :S With all of that, I have about $30 in the bank account and $10 cash to last until the end of next week. And I know some of that will need to go for gas!
  • Wed, Aug 31 2011 9:34 AM In reply to

8/28 - Spend (budgeted grocerie very low)
    8/29 - No spend
    8/30 - No spend
    8/31 - No Spend

Yay, going out of Aug. on a good note.  Looking forward to lots of no spends.. crossed fingers!

Welcome Juana!  You have come to the right place.  I just helps knowing we have to come and post here when we goof or not.  It feels good to be conscious about spending habits.  Hope you do well and just use up what you have.

I need to do the pantry challenge soon!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Wed, Aug 31 2011 11:02 AM In reply to

This week has been a no spend week, so far.  Both the van and the car will need gas this weekend.  I need to do some grocery shopping.  UGH!

I just need to make it week by week until the 15th of September. 

I need to check in more often for motivation.

Keep up the good work.

• Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:32 PM In reply to

Welcome back Striving, we miss you when you are not here!!! 

We can do this.  It is hump day!  What is in your pantry or freezer that you need to eat up.  Tonight I am using up some salmon and will have enough for a little salmon salad tomorrow for lunch.  Using up so balsamic dressing!

Keep coming back, we all need your input and motivate eachother!

• Wed, Aug 31 2011 7:33 PM In reply to

sunday-no spend

monday-no spend

tuesday-no spend

wedsday-no spend

• Wed, Aug 31 2011 8:34 PM In reply to

• Juana
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 13 2011
    • Cincinnati
    • Posts 180

Oops, I'm failing at this already! :( I didn't sleep well last night and was super tired this morning, so I stopped for coffee on the way to work because I'd run out at home. Then I also went to the grocery store for coffee and creamer, so I can make it at home and not be tempted to stop for an expensive one again. The total was just about $10.
  • Wed, Aug 31 2011 10:30 PM In reply to

wed. spend gas for my sherman tank of a car good thing I fill once every week in a half other wise Im broke. 50.00

chrissanne
  • Thu, Sep 1 2011 7:51 AM In reply to

Wednesday was a no spend day.  Today will be a budgeted spend day.  The groomer will be here later this morning to give my little dog a much needed hair cut and nail trim.  Not sure what we are having for supper, need to make a menu change because we are out of lettuce and I'm NOT going back to the store.  Whatever I end up fixing will be from home.

08/29 spend
    08/29 budgeted spend
    08/30 budgeted spend
    08/31 no spend
    09/01 budgeted spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
Page 2 of 3 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us