Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Reusable makeup remover pads

Last post Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:11 PM by Juneflower. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:07 PM

Reusable makeup remover pads

Today I came across a great idea -  DIY reusable makeup remover pads. 

I guess I'm a bit clueless but I had no idea such a thing existed!  You can order them online, but I like the DIY approach.

One project involves making little crochet squares or circles using cotton or bamboo yarn.  Another project involves sewing little fabric squares cut from a charm square.

I don't crochet, nor do I have access to charm squares.  I think I can make my own version using scrap fabric and squares of flannel cut from old baby blankets.  Old flannel PJ's would work too. 

Alternatively I'd use baby towels or washcloths - should be nice and soft.

I think it would be a frugal and green stocking stuffer! 

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:26 PM In reply to

Re: Reusable makeup remover pads

Ceahper then getting dove wipes all the time of course I don't know what cost of those type pads are I don't wear or hardly wear make up last time I wore makeup was at sissy's husbands funeral and of course I hate to be a dunce I forgot how to oput it on that last time I really went out was 86 my wedding when married.

• Fri, Jun 10 2011 1:58 PM In reply to

Cheapchic: I'm with you there.  I think the only time I wore make up was prom and that's been 30+ years.  I guess I wore green and blue mascara a bit in college...but that was to confuse a boss. (and I spent a total of 50cents on it). He would stare at it and just nod if I wore lots of it while asking for a day off.  I wonder how much we non-make-up wearers have saved over our lifetimes? 

Does anyone have any idea on the savings?

My lifetime savings would be the total expected cost of make up minus that 50cents for creepy colored mascara. 

• Fri, Jun 10 2011 9:56 PM In reply to

Back then for me 23 years ago I blew about 25.00 x23=may have it wrong but the total 575.00 for me dammmm why could this be in the bank now maybe more who knows really.

• Sat, Jun 11 2011 5:03 AM In reply to

I just buy cheap wash cloths for makeup.

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:48 AM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 4 2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,932

Back in the day woman purchased Ponds Cold Cream, applied it to their face, then wiped the makep off.  

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• Sat, Jun 11 2011 9:11 AM In reply to

2ndGenGranola:

I just buy cheap wash cloths for makeup.

I use wash cloths too, but I think the reusable pads are nicer for gift giving!  I can't imagine putting wash cloths in my girls' stockings!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sat, Jun 25 2011 9:11 PM In reply to

I wash it off with a cheap sponge.  Don't wear much, just some lipstick to keep from looking like a corpse and a little eyeliner for the glasses. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us